free website stats program Assist with Dyna Low Rider 96 vs 88CI | Harley Davidson Forums

Assist with Dyna Low Rider 96 vs 88CI

sbcvulcan01

Looking to purchase a Low Rider soon and wanted to ask if in your opinion I am better off with the 96CI, 6 sp or the 88 5 sp. I believe there is also an 88 6 sp in 2006. Most of my driving is secondary main roads traveling at 45-60 mph. Some but limited highway. I do enjoy good low end torque but wonder how significant the displacement diff would be and feel? Can i still blow away a softtail with a 96 off the line?

A lot will depend on the mileage and condition of the bike, and of course the asking price. Both motors are good ones if taken care of and the 6 speed is a plus but not a real game changer IMO. You will get good low end torque from both with the edge going to the 96, and you should be able to get the ST given the power to weight ratio. Happy hunting.

Personally I had a 88 5 speed Superglide, I felt it should have had a 6 speed, I am spoiled with the 96 6 speed

I wouldn't let either get in the way of a good deal. IF the mileage and price is right, I would buy either. For $2k or less you can turn that 88" to 95" down the road if you so desired.

Back