free website stats program asking for advice | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

asking for advice

"if you leave the gearing stock then youll get a lot of torque and the acceleration will scare you but the top speed will be lower than a factory 1200"

What fin says is spot on........anyway, that is how my conversion turned out. I haven't had the courage to find top speed yet!

Are the stock 1200 cylinders set up for cast or forged pistons, I believe the Weisco pistons are forged and need different clearance than cast pistons.

cheers all im smiling now something i learnt from all your answers is to do the valves im also changing the front sproket to a 29 tooth and as for the duelfire coil well i already have it and i dont think it,ll be a problem (i hope) the easy kit im getting contains new 1200 heads wiseco pistons at 10.5/1 compression .
i,ll look into jets and try to work out if what it comes with is all i need or something else.
Mongrel

I WOULD SUGGEST TO GET IT ALL BUILT THEN RUN IT WITH THE JETS THAT COME WITH THE MUKINI(mine on the dyna rebuild, using a 42 mikuni was ok the way it came).......

OF IF CARBED, increase THE MAIN JET BY .005 maxium .010 before you put it on OVER THE STOCK SIZE(883) TO START WITH, IS USUALLY ABOUT RIGHT WITH ALL YOU SAY YOU ARE BUILDING. (AIR and EXHAUST make the most change here not the 1200cc's)

DON'T TRY TO FLOOD THE MOTOR WITH A LOT OF GAS it doesn't need it.... I FOUND IT DOESN'T NEED MUCH MORE FROM BEING 883 TO 1200,,,, START ON THE CONSERVATIVE SIDE AND INCREASE ONLY AS NEEDED...

YOU WILL HAVE A LOT OF TIME AFTER BROKEN IN TO FIDDLE WITH THE FINE TUNE.... if you find time to get off the BEAST.....

signed....BUBBIE

Back