free website stats program Army post decal | Harley Davidson Forums

Army post decal

scionracer

going to start riding to work and need to put on post decals, lookin for Ideas and location if you have pics it would be greatly appreciated

Wow, I did not know the Army was still using post decals. I know the Air Force did away with them since they are required to do ID checks of all vehicles coming on the base. When I was required to have one on the bike I just put them on the fork above the fender.

yea the army still old school, using them really to verify people have insurance or that is what i was told by a MP friend

The Marine Corps and the Navy are still using decals as well. An MP friend of mine said some of the Air Force guys transfering here to the NAS JRB, get "upset" about having to have a decal. I made a plate out of aluminum just a little bigger than the decal, used an Adel clamp with a bolt and nut and attached it to the frame. I'll try to remember to post a pic in a few hours. I have seen these "chrome" plates for sale at the local H-D dealers here made just for this purpose, but I'm not sure how much they were. I have seen them attached to the front forks as well.

I worked on an AFB for years and saw lots of plates made for base stickers.
They are easy to make. I preferred to cut a clear 2 liter bottle, put my sticker on it, then put another layer of bottle over it and cut it to fit my lower fork leg, & attached it with tie wraps. It lasted pretty good, I had to replace the outer layer sometimes.

I've seen a lot of bikes with post decals on them around Columbus Ga. for Ft. Benning and I think they are all on left lower leg of forks. I don't have any pictures , but I'm pretty sire that's the right info. Hope this helps.

thanx cap good intel if you could post pic would be even better

Sorry for the delay......here ya go....
1259945529.jpg
captkirkis
1259945544.jpg

1259945529.jpg
captkirkis

Back