free website stats program Arlen Ness or Kuryakyn Hypercharger | Harley Davidson Forums

Arlen Ness or Kuryakyn Hypercharger

miuliani

Last post for recommendations:

'05 softail deluxe - which stage I kit should I use on the intake - Arlen Ness Stage 1 billet sucker? Arlen Ness Stage 2 big sucker or they Kuryakyn Hypercharger? I will have the Dobeck EFI and V&H true duals on the bike. I have read some reviews of cracking on the big sucker.

Last post for recommendations:

'05 softail deluxe - which stage I kit should I use on the intake - Arlen Ness Stage 1 billet sucker? Arlen Ness Stage 2 big sucker or they Kuryakyn Hypercharger? I will have the Dobeck EFI and V&H true duals on the bike. I have read some reviews of cracking on the big sucker.

I would not use either, I would go with Screaming Eagle better construction IMO

I seriously want to change out the football. I hate the look - the SE is just the backplate and filter - no cover right?

interesting - they actually do make the covers for about $45 - which comes out to be cheaper than the arlen ness

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, there are ways to cut your "football" cover into a nice round/custom looking breather. Do some searching & you'll see this handy work...enjoy!

I seriously want to change out the football. I hate the look - the SE is just the backplate and filter - no cover right?

interesting - they actually do make the covers for about $45 - which comes out to be cheaper than the arlen ness

You can do a stage 1 and leave the football cover off and add the disk from HD like this one. There's many different styles.

Deuce_4.jpg

I understand that you don't like the looks of the "football" but the Hypercharger or any kind of open element will be a major pain of you get caught in even the lightest rain.. are you sure you want to go that route.

My vote is like Jack's, neither. There are several very high quality breathers on the market that are made in the USA. Air Cleaners, zippers, V&H, Roland Sands, joker machine, etc.

Back