free website stats program Are you ready for riding season yet ? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Are you ready for riding season yet ?

Yup...70 last friday ,boy did it feel good to get outside in the sun...Better than a drink and you know, thay dont call it the sunshine drug for nothing...:bigsmiley23:..Not very nice out now...I sometimes feel like I want to fall asleep and wake up with my gear on and my bike running..New HD last spring and the winter is much longer..O WELL.:small3d031: Thanks ,I feel better..:D

I rode from North of GB Wisconsin to Corpus Christi already this year with over 3200 miles on the ultra while it was still winter. Today, there is another 12+" of snow on the ground (sorry for the s word). I guess I should be happy, but I am ready for the road!!!!!!!!

I am more than ready. Last year at this time I clocked 1,000 miles already. This year to date 400. Wish the rain would quit.:bigsmiley15:

Have taken a couple of 100 mile rides so far. Went out this past friday to take a ride but had to turn around after approx. 30 miles. Guy pulled me over and said the cord on my back tire was showing. Pulled over and sure enough looked like something had rubbed. Other than bad tire, found no other problem and limped back to shop. Oh well, come Monday afternoon my baby will have two new shoes and be ready to hit the road!!!:D

Yeah, it is riding time for sure. 60 degrees bugs on the fairing and the clincher- dead skunk smell on the road!!
Ride safe all..

Weather has been really weird here the last couple of weeks so i have had a bike out at every opportunity
Normally April is cold and wet with occasional snow warm and sunny is weird but started to cool down and rain again

Brian

Murf...key to the start of the riding season is to take the bike out of hibernation...as well as your riding skills. Take the time to do some warmup rides around the neighborhood and parking lot maneuvering doing tight turns, keeping your eyes up and around the turn radius...using the clutch friction zone and rear brake to maintain positive control and speed. Then practice a few medium and hard braking maneuvers in a straight line and a curve at least for the first few weekends. Good luck and ride safe. :s

Back