free website stats program Are we Harley's Riders are that bad?. | Harley Davidson Forums

Are we Harley's Riders are that bad?.

SeaRider04

Pull up to gas station to fill up my Harley before heading to my HD dealer, I was walking into the store to pay and there was a man just about my age or little older walking behind me, I open and hold the door and let him goes in first following with "Good Morning, Sir". He stop and said "wow, a Harley guy holding the door for me!" then smiles and step inside. All I can do was smiling back to him but unable to say anything to return that complement. In my mind, I was thinking and asking myself "why did he said that?, are we bikers that bad?". :dknow.

Yeah, we all pretty much have a reputation from the past that just doesn't apply to about 98% of us anymore. That's why it's so important to ride courteously and keep doing nice stuff like you did. Smile and wave at those wide eyed kids. Let that "cager" into line ahead of you when traffic is heavy. Cool it with the loud pipes in populated areas when it's late/early.

Where is your sense of humor? The guy was just using satire to make you smile. If he was afraid of you he wouldn't have said a thing. We all do our best to keep the image of a hard core biker going. The big boots, jeans, black tee shirt, leather jacket or vest and gloves. Then there is the hankerchief tied on the head. I could go on describing the biker 'uniform'. Chose a life style and there will be those who dig it and those who think it should be against the law. People are afraid of any one who is different. The way we dress most of the time is sensible. Just smile and don't get road rage with a cage. You can't win but you can still ride away with a smile on YOUR face. Love all of you. Fossil

Speaking of the black tee shirt:

I used to ride into work sometimes on "casual Friday". I was sitting in my office and one of my employees came in and asked "How come all you Harley guys always wear black?" I told him it was because "black doesn't show the grease and the blood". He said "What blood?"

I waved my finger at him and said "Come here, I'll show you!" He ran out of my office. Hahaha, all in fun, and pretty funny.

I say kill them with kindness!!!! Just kidding but it is funny some of the reactions you get from people when your polite to them.

You Guys want to hear something really funny...I have a one wheel Unigo trailer. I love riding so much , and I love golf. Y'all should have seen the looks on folks faces when I pulled in the Golf course parking lot riding the Harley, and pulling my trailer with the clubs in it..One of those Master Card priceless moments...Also the wife and I get such a kick out of seeing folks faces when a bunch pull into restaurant parking lot and we remove our helmets we do look like a commercial for AARP...we'll get a thumbs up from younger people, and stares from older ones...well I think the really old foggys are jealous coz they rather watch their grass grow than enjoy the later years enjoying life as many of my friends do..BTW I am 63 going on 39..lol I will say one thing very seriously...Riders in general, and most of us are Harley riders have seemed to gained lots of respect from many people after they witness us riding on PGR missions...anyway..keep smiling and like others said nuttin wrong with being polite while wearing "Black Leather"...lol :D

LOL, It's just makes me speechless, I wasn't wear black at that time, a pair of beige Docker, a white Old Navy t-shirt tucked in, a Brown flight leather jacket, pair of black glove, pair of Maui Jim sunglasses and a pair of white/blue snicker, full face helmet strapped down on the back seat.

I agree with Smitty, most of riders acting and riding like a jerks are rocket riders, not HD riders especially cruiser/touring HD riders.

Yeah, we all pretty much have a reputation from the past that just doesn't apply to about 98% of us anymore. That's why it's so important to ride courteously and keep doing nice stuff like you did. Smile and wave at those wide eyed kids. Let that "cager" into line ahead of you when traffic is heavy. Cool it with the loud pipes in populated areas when it's late/early.

Just pulling out of the Publix parking lot yesterday and a small boy walked up to the bike and just stared with eyes like saucers. I said hello to him and gave him a big smile. His mom smiled also. I think the little boy stared at me til I rode out of sight. He'll be at the dealership in a couple of years!

Back