free website stats program are they worth £23,000 | Harley Davidson Forums

are they worth £23,000

andy

hi all

just to let you all no,

purchased a seuc black/orange 2007 now 12 months old, but now on its 6th warranty claims, 2 small items ie switches etc,1 sat nav works when it wants to,rear head gasket plus related problems with out bike for 3 weeks, now wheels minus chrome all falling off and chrome peeling off highway peg,all this for £23,000 .the harley dealer has been very good and helpfull ,but it seems that harley usa/uk do not care about after care

The peeling chrome is nothing new, this is the new hexavalent chrome.

http://www.osha.gov/OshDoc/data_General_Facts/hexavalent_chromium.pdf

Chrome Plating, Chroming, Chrome Plating Process - EPI - Electrochemical Products Inc.

It's a different process than the older chrome and obviously not as good.. I had the same problems on a previous bike. The rear head gasket is also not an uncommon thing. Have a friend that has an 07 CVO also and had the same problem with the head gasket. Fixed under warranty but it shouldn't be happening.

I think QC at Harley has to be shaken up a bit.

I have an '07 Electra Glide with 5k miles on it and zero problems or complaints. I traded in an '07 Kawasaki Nomad that was the biggest piece of crap I've ever ridden. It was extremely top-heavy and nothing but trouble from the first day. I guess every manufacturer turns out a few lemons. As for what they are worth, I guess that is up to the buyer.

Storm

can someone explain to the slow one here --- what is the American Dollar amount on this!!??:skipping

can someone explain to the slow one here --- what is the American Dollar amount on this!!??:skipping

I was thinking the same thing! :dknow

23,000.00 GBP = $45,436.59 USD

WOW! :unsure

Thank you for the conversion Glider,
Sorry to hear about all the troubles with the bike, good thing the dealer is cooperating, I hope they get all kinks out soon so you can just enjoy the your bike,:s

hi all

just to let you all no,

purchased a seuc black/orange 2007 now 12 months old, but now on its 6th warranty claims, 2 small items ie switches etc,1 sat nav works when it wants to,rear head gasket plus related problems with out bike for 3 weeks, now wheels minus chrome all falling off and chrome peeling off highway peg,all this for £23,000 .the harley dealer has been very good and helpfull ,but it seems that harley usa/uk do not care about after care
For $45,436.59 (+/-) U.S.D.---????-- I have a 07 U.C.E.G. and I thought $20,650.00 (+/-) was to much when I got it .. --- Do you have some kind of "Lemon Law" ??? Glad to hear the dealer is trying!!!

Jumping rope? Well, it's not as luctrative as some of the other less popular sports. I think the best you'll be able to pull down is gas money for the week. Now marbles, and even a good checkers player, they can almost put together enough for groceries for the week. And of course, if you really practice hard, lawn jarts is...

What? Glider already answered this? I'm just so darn slow!

And you think YOU'RE the slow one here!:bigsmiley6:

What's a lawn jart? Is it a cross between Darts and Javelins; & anyway what does the lawn have to do with it?It's not some arcane black magic pagan post Christmas ritual performed on a lawn for money hence your alluded references to lucrative happenings?Are Americans ONLY interested in money?What about loving your fellow man(or girl) or your dog or your Harley or your neighbour or your....
Sorry ;got carried away

HAPPY NEW YEAR.

Back