free website stats program are the 2009 streetglides that much better | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

are the 2009 streetglides that much better

No, there is no comparison between the ride of an '09 to that of a '07 or '08. The extra money for the later model would be money well spent IMO, but your the one that has to be pleased. Good luck on your choice.

JJ,

If you are still a speed junkie, the only way to go is with the '09, for both power and handling. I came off a '02 Heritage AND an '04 Aprilia Tuono, and the '09 SG was the best of the lot.

The 09 Street Glide is an awesome ride. The new frame and wider tire feel stable and strong on the road and I have had no issues with cornering or handling with the wider tire. The other noticeable feature is that the 09's are a bit taller than the 08's but I put a reach seat on and don't have any problems. The ABS brakes are a nice feature on my bike and I've had to use them twice now! It will depend on your price range and comfort level as to what you choose. Good luck and happy riding!

If you can go with the 09..it is a dream. I ride the thing like I stole it and why not it is under warranty. Make sure if you do go 09 that you read the real skinny on the way to break it in...before you pick it up. Also be sure to get some good quality fluids in as well. Lots of posts here on both.Good luck with your choice and take your time...I do encourage you to go 09. Keep us posted.:cheers

JJ,

If you are still a speed junkie, the only way to go is with the '09, for both power and handling. I came off a '02 Heritage AND an '04 Aprilia Tuono, and the '09 SG was the best of the lot.

yep. still go fast. the 09 i rented i put it to the test, i was trying to scrape the floor boards. i only had it shimmy once...i did enjoy it, i just hvnt rode another in the same manner to compare, so i am here absorbing feedback. the bike is comfortable, the sticker is like gettin hit over the head.. IMHO

also a slightly wider tire is better for handling, isnt it. i dont mean a 240 or somethn crazy like that, the sport bikes run the 180/50 and that must mean better for the hd than a 150mm tire

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote: "as it stands the closest shops wont give me their best price on an 09 unless i am ready to sign, they dont want me to take their number to a competitor and get it cut, they flat out told me that."

This is apparently the same line they use on everyone. Tell the dealers that you have other prices, and no, you don't want to share them with him. Tell him all you want from him is his best price and that you are going to buy from the dealer who gives you the best price. If they still don't want to deal, turn around and walk out! Trust me, there are plenty of dealers out there who'll bend over backwards to make you a deal. Be prepared to go farther away from home than you might like. I bought mine from a dealer about 75 miles from me when I have a dealer about 2 miles from my house. Pull the trigger on the '09, you'll not regret it.:s

Quote: "as it stands the closest shops wont give me their best price on an 09 unless i am ready to sign, they dont want me to take their number to a competitor and get it cut, they flat out told me that."

This is apparently the same line they use on everyone. Tell the dealers that you have other prices, and no, you don't want to share them with him. Tell him all you want from him is his best price and that you are going to buy from the dealer who gives you the best price. If they still don't want to deal, turn around and walk out! Trust me, there are plenty of dealers out there who'll bend over backwards to make you a deal. Be prepared to go farther away from home than you might like. I bought mine from a dealer about 75 miles from me when I have a dealer about 2 miles from my house. Pull the trigger on the '09, you'll not regret it.:s
being that i am new to hd, any suggestions on what i can expect to be a good price if the bike is 20260 that includes cruise, standard black paint, their prep and freight, standard wheels,one sales lady did call me back and offer me a 1000 more for my trade, which still is beatin me over the head, 6000, for my 05 gsxr 1000, which isnt stock, its chromed out, lots of extras. its professionally tuned, lots of extras

I've ridden an 07 Ultra for about 50 miles and didn't see the hooplah. I rented an 08 Ultra last year, did about 250-300 miles and thought it was....ok.

I did about 250 on an 09 a few weeks back and thought it was da bomb. Bought one last week.

In my limited expererience with the current baggers, there is very little to compare to with the 09's and the models previous.

I love my 09.

Can't speak for streetglide but going from an '07 to an '09 there is an improve difference in ride. I had an '07 Road King and it was nice to ride. I traded for an '09 Ultra and I could immediately feel the difference in the ride and how the bike handled on the road. The changes in the frame, tires, etc. do make a noticeable difference. I expect you will find the same with the streetglide.

Back