free website stats program Are P1510 and P2138 related? | Harley Davidson Forums

Are P1510 and P2138 related?

Grillfish

Last Friday I adjusted my new grips on my 09 RG. The throttle grip was turned to far forward and didn't line up the place for your thumb and fingers. So I loosened the 4 screws slide the grip out of the spline, rotated it back and put everything back together. It seemed like too much left/right slack, so loosened up the bolts, slide the entire mirror, lever, controls, etc.. inward and it tightened up the grip (no left/right slack at all). Seemed fine...

Saturday went for a nice long ride. I got back into town to fill up and when I started the bike back up, the CEL came on. Now it could have been on before, but the first time I noticed it was after restarting the bike.

I rode home from the gas station (1 mile) and ran the DTCs... P2138 (TGS Corelation Error) and P1510 (EFI Limited Performance Mode). I cleared out the codes, went back and loosened up the throttle grip some (alittle more play) and restarted the bike. No CEL.

Sunday went for another long ride... No CEL.

Do you think that when I adjusted my throttle grip on Friday for some reason, it would have tripped those two codes?

I have V&H slip-ons, Big Sucker intake and TFI. No problems what so ever for an entire year.

Thanks!

Thanks, Glider. After doing some searches on this site it seems the two are thrown when the TBW is not 100% set (pinched wire, handle bar change with connection issue, etc..). I prob messed it up when adjusting my grip.

It did throw PN- 32933-09. But I'm not going to worry about it unless they get thrown again w/out me messing with the grip.

Have a good one.
Todd

Back