free website stats program Are dealers willing to haggle over price? | Harley Davidson Forums

Are dealers willing to haggle over price?

Carroll B

Just wondering if sales are so slow that dealers are willing to work with you. If so, any idea how much below MSRP can you get one to go? Are they willing to offer a decent trade-in or would I be better off trying to sell it myself? My 2005 XL883 only has 6K miles and is in showroom condition. Saw a 2009 softail custom last week that would look great parked in the other garage bay next to my Corvette but it could cost me a wife in the process.

My local dealer states they will beat any ones price and give you what you paid in sales tax back also.

Sounds like a plan to me so we tested them and they beat the price we brought in and ended up getting some pegs and a set of V&H slip on mufflers to boot.:D

My dealer isn't dealing. 500.00 store bucks.

They need to come down on their prices, too, or I'm going to Dayton.

This was going to be one of my next questions.
I understand that HD cost more than others for reasons we can get into later, but I was curious if the dealers haggle or not. I just don't know.
I dont mind paying, I just don't want to find out I am the only one paying.:newsmile093:
Several post I have read seem to indicate HD goes for MSRP or better - is this true?

When I purchased mine we haggled and even when they offered their final price I said we have to think about it and left they stopped me before I got to my car and they agreed on my price. I got an 09 1200 Sportster Custom out the door including tags, title, and license along with 25% off any and all accessories for that day for $11K. Not sure if that was the greatest deal but I was happy. You just have to be willing to walk away. Dealers look for the ones that are chomping at the bit for a bike.

A friend of mine is looking at buying a 09 ultra and he said McMahon Hd in Beaver Falls, PA has the cheapest price beat others by a few thousand. Here may be a place to contact and see what kind of price they give on the bike you want

Neighbor took advantage of the Harley "Trade in your Sportster" deal. They gave him the total MSRP he paid for his bike in trade for an 09 SuperGlide. I would guess with that thing just ending, Harley will have a lot of 1 and 2 year old Sporties to sell.

My #1 Son just bought an 09 StreetGlide. Paid MSRP, but got 600 bucks store credit, and 10% off anything bought with the bike. They gave him 10,500 for his '03 Softail.

Tell your salesman that you can't do MSRP. If they tell you thats where they start...walk away.There are dealers that'll be happy to deal. You just gotta find one you're comfortable with. I got $1500 off msrp and 25% of all my accessories plus 15% off all future purchases as long as my warranty is in force (7 yrs).

Back