arc audio

Discussion in 'Communications And Radio' started by JJDH, Oct 31, 2009.

1. JJDH

JJDH Active Member

has anyone tried the arcaudio equipment for the bikes? i am an audio buff with my cars and trucks. i have some extensive audio experience. i do kno that the arc mobile audio is perty good.... i also see that jl audio is producing a line of equipment soon to be released.. im gonna upgrade perty soon.. lookin for thoughts. definately not interested in the hog tunes. no offense, the structure, and motors, are not the type of speaker i would normally use..

2. JJDH

JJDH Active Member

i have all jl in my f150 and my suv... i like jl alot.. i will wait and see what they have created, arc has stuuff thats harley specific tho.. been eyeballn it

3. JJDH

JJDH Active Member

i kno the arc speakers usually sound good, the mini amp has built in crossovers, prices arent bad... in my truck i have two 10w3v3, a500/1 amp, 300/4 amp with premier prs720 components, the suv i have two 12w3v2 in a ported box off a 500/1 amp. both my hu are pioneer:cheers

4. Drumrguy

Drumrguy Account Removed

Why would you not run the factory Harley radio, I do believe that Harmon Kardon makes their stuff, unless I am wrong.

5. glens

glens Banned

They're under the Harman International umbrella.

Harman Becker Automotive Systems GmbH

I found that after looking at the strings of printable characters in the latest "firmware" load and saw this:

Mercedes Navigation System 4700. C Becker Automotiv Systems 1998

Here're a few more interesting strings of characters in the code:

WIRELS
    W ALRT
    PHONE
    CB
    GMRS
    IPOD
    Stop Guidance
    Volume
    Time Set
    Treble
    Bass
    Phone
    Volume
    Phone Volume
    Nav Volume
    Com Volume

6. JJDH

JJDH Active Member

as far as the radio goes we were refering to our 4 wheel vehicles.:)
    on another note, i was considering swapping out the hu for something with more tuning options for sq. as far as speakers go i am considering the arc audio