free website stats program arc audio | Harley Davidson Forums

arc audio

JJDH

has anyone tried the arcaudio equipment for the bikes? i am an audio buff with my cars and trucks. i have some extensive audio experience. i do kno that the arc mobile audio is perty good.... i also see that jl audio is producing a line of equipment soon to be released.. im gonna upgrade perty soon.. lookin for thoughts. definately not interested in the hog tunes. no offense, the structure, and motors, are not the type of speaker i would normally use..

having never used ARC i cannot comment but i have used JL extensively in a car and i would wait for there range of speakers as they are nigh on indestructable and if as good as the car kit i will fit them to my Glide :D - it needs more bass control
i have all jl in my f150 and my suv... i like jl alot.. i will wait and see what they have created, arc has stuuff thats harley specific tho.. been eyeballn it

hmmm all my JL stuff was in a Golf and powered by Sony and Rockford Fosgate Amps :D

just been and had a ganders at the ARC stuff - looks nice
i kno the arc speakers usually sound good, the mini amp has built in crossovers, prices arent bad... in my truck i have two 10w3v3, a500/1 amp, 300/4 amp with premier prs720 components, the suv i have two 12w3v2 in a ported box off a 500/1 amp. both my hu are pioneer:cheers

Why would you not run the factory Harley radio, I do believe that Harmon Kardon makes their stuff, unless I am wrong.

I do believe that Harmon Kardon makes their stuff
They're under the Harman International umbrella.

Harman Becker Automotive Systems GmbH

I found that after looking at the strings of printable characters in the latest "firmware" load and saw this:

Mercedes Navigation System 4700. C Becker Automotiv Systems 1998

Here're a few more interesting strings of characters in the code:

WIRELS
W ALRT
PHONE
CB
GMRS
IPOD
Stop Guidance
Volume
Time Set
Treble
Bass
Phone
Volume
Phone Volume
Nav Volume
Com Volume

Why would you not run the factory Harley radio, I do believe that Harmon Kardon makes their stuff, unless I am wrong.
as far as the radio goes we were refering to our 4 wheel vehicles.:)
on another note, i was considering swapping out the hu for something with more tuning options for sq. as far as speakers go i am considering the arc audio

Back