Apes

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by ridin88ci, Sep 8, 2011.

1. ridin88ci

ridin88ci Member

I am wanting to put some 16-18" apes on my 02 roadking....does anyone have any recommendations on who to buy from??? Pics would be nice.

2. sprinklerfitter669

sprinklerfitter669 Junior Member

Check out Hill Country Customs
    they have kits that are pre-wired
    and good prices

3. ridin88ci

ridin88ci Member

I have seen their kits. I kinda wanna see what else is out there before I drop $500 on the first thing I see...

4. rustyfla

rustyfla Member

i have Wild One Chubbies 16"

used Namz wire extensions and +8 cables

Attached Files:

5. franka

franka Active Member

I have 14" Wild Ones on my 07 Road King Classic. awesome bars and incredibly comfortable with 12" pull back. J&P is always a ggod source.

+8 is fine for throttle and idle but I highly recommend +10 for clutch. Depending on how you route the cable if it's to tight or short when turning hard right you will disengage clutch.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2011
  6. rustyfla

rustyfla Member

yes, just what franka said. i went +10 on clutch cable

7. ridin88ci

ridin88ci Member

That is the look I am going after.....did u get all that at jp?? what was the total??

8. rustyfla

rustyfla Member

no, cant remember, its been several years. just usually check around for the lowest price.
    I used the Magnum Shielding cables. Think maybe denniskirk, but all the prices change.
    the namz extensions just made it easy to extend the wiring, but you dont have to use that, just as easy to splice the wires yourself.
    I probably spent around 75 for the bars (used) and maybe 250 for the cables.

9. rcgladiators

rcgladiators New Member

I am also looking for some Apes for my 06 Street Glide.
    Suggestions?