free website stats program Apes on 48, cable extensions? | Harley Davidson Forums

Apes on 48, cable extensions?

WarDawg19

I got 12" narrow apes for my forty eight and was wondering if I need a cable extension kit, if so which kit length should I get?

Yes you will need cable extensions. Measure the bars from tip (grip end) to about where the connector is on your bike. That will be your ballpark measurement.

Welcome to the forum.

I will, it won't be until around may. Just trying to get everything ready, I'm going the bobber style with my own twist, pretty excited.

Your also going to need a longer clutch cable, brake line and extend the wiring harness. Might as well run the wires internally while doing all that.

Have you started the project yet.

you really should go with these. and I'm pretty sure you'll need cable extensions and arm extensions too :D

Attachments

• Apes.jpg
    Apes.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 31
Just did the Road 6, z-bars on my iron. I used the Burley extended kit. I did all internal wiring and it can be a bit of a pain with the z bars. Used a string to pull wires in and lots of we-40. It's much easier to put extended wires on after pulling the existing ones through the bars first. I watched a good video on YouTube on how to do it. If you have questions you can PM me and I'll try to help if you need. Good luck.....

Back