free website stats program Ape Hangers | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Ape Hangers

Good morning everyone. I have just this week changed my stock night train drag bars out for 16" Burly black narrow apes and it was the best thing I could have done for that bike! It was alot of work but it feels so good to ride now! I have so much more control and am more comfortable. My hands are just over my shoulders so they might be to tall for some people but I love it! I'll post some pics soon.

Hey Rewind,

When you change your bars, I strongly recommend that also replace the stock riser bushings. When you go higher with bars, you’ve essentially got a longer lever, and the stock bushings are too soft. The result will be way too much play forward and back, and it’ll feel like the riser bolts are loose.
Go with some polyurethane bushings or the like. They’re a lot harder, eliminate all the sloppiness, but still absorb enough vibration.

-Caveman

Thanks for the tip Caveman. When I put my risers on (2 years ago, maybe) I put in new poly bushings. But they're cheap so I may do it again, when I get the apes.

I had a set of Chubby Wild ones on my Heritage.They were 14"..(WO572) according to there web page. I loved them,got alot of complements also went with the braided cables! Changed the look of the bike now,In the process of putting on a fairing and hard bags...ala..SOFTGLIDE!!!
Still have em if anyone is interested!:s

I have a question as to where you guys are ordering your cables? I am changing out my stock bars to 14s on my 07 train... My problem is with drags... the stock clutch is 58" and I believe I have to go up to 72" for my bar riser combo where do I go? Ive been on J&P not sure if I am looking in right place but I do not see where I can get 72" clutch cable. Please help

G'day Blubottle, nice job on the apes, i am looking at doing the same to my 08 FXST, did you run into any areas that caused you hassles during fitting? Any info would be appreciated,

Johno

I have a question as to where you guys are ordering your cables? I am changing out my stock bars to 14s on my 07 train... My problem is with drags... the stock clutch is 58" and I believe I have to go up to 72" for my bar riser combo where do I go? Ive been on J&P not sure if I am looking in right place but I do not see where I can get 72" clutch cable. Please help

I FOUND THIS TO HAVE ALL AND

GLIDER POSTED THIS AS A PLACE TO GO FOR ALL INFORMATION

HILL COUNTRY CUSTOM CYCLES OUT OF TEXAS....

They sell KITS

hope this helps,,,, ask for chris mention BUBBIE & HDTALKING maybe a discount? prices are lower than most i've seen

signed....BUBBIE

Back