free website stats program Ape Hangers on Wide Glide? | Harley Davidson Forums

Ape Hangers on Wide Glide?

AK_Howler

Hi all; Hey, I want to replace my stock mini-apes with real Ape Hangers. Any recommendations? I'm leaning toward 14" Chubby Apes. I'm 5'9, so I reckon that's about the right height for my body. I want it to be comfortable, as well as lookin' good. Any opinions, or recommendations? Anybody share any pictures of their Wide Glide with Apes would be great. Thanks!

I have the 14" on my FXDWG and I am 5 10". I have to say they fit me perfect. I used the stock risers as well. I love the looks. I went with the 1 1/4 chubbys and done internal wiring. Good luck!

I have 16's on mine. Bought as a kit with everything except the grips. Internally wired & chrome controls. From Hill Country Custom Cycles.
:D

Once you go with apes you will never look back. Beleive me I went from 14" apes to T-bars and back to 16" apes in a years time. The t-bars were very uncomfortable when I rode two-up. Never had the problem with the apes. Join the club, you wont regret it.

i have been looking at bony apes at the real head light co. they look way cool femur bones they have 12,and 16 in

I put some on my super glide and love them. I have 5" risers and 15" hangers. I'm 6'. I love mine and I do not ever see me going back to standard bars.

Attachments

• 100_4028.jpg
    100_4028.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 24
Is there any adjustments? riding style or otherwise to changing to Ape's. I've heard theat hands fall asleep, uncomfortable at long distances, etc....

My arms and hands are more comfortable with my apes. I don't have any problems even on long rides. On long rides when i stop and get gas i normally take a 10 minute or so brake before getting back on and I haven't ever had any issues. It will take a little getting use to when you first put them on when taking turns going slow. However i have found that when you are riding it is easier to lean the bike in and out of turns with the apes. If you are talking about adjustments to the bike, yes. You will have to get longer brake, throttle & clutch cables. Also you will have to lengthen your wires to your switches.

Back