free website stats program anything to be aware of | Harley Davidson Forums

anything to be aware of

SCORP

Recently purchased a roadster
Will start customization with progressive 11'' shocks and forward controls.
Anything i should be aware of?
Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Be aware that youll spend EVERY dime you can on it.:D:D:D

I havent added much to my bike yet, they have meetings to control the urge..... I attend often.:s:s:s

I have the Custom with forward controls and really like it. I got the Kuryakyn pegs with the stirrups which make it very comfortable to ride, and allows you to easily stand on the pegs when you see that pot hole at the last second.

Let me know how you like the progressives.

I have the Custom with forward controls and really like it. I got the Kuryakyn pegs with the stirrups which make it very comfortable to ride, and allows you to easily stand on the pegs when you see that pot hole at the last second.

Let me know how you like the progressives.

will do, these are the lowest you can go on sportster,
i hope the ride comfort will not be compromised incredibly.

getting my progressives and front controls and ... new gas tank this week.
very excited.

your a lucky man scorp, I too am blessed with an great inlaws, they alway buy me stuff for the bike, roadtrips, or my favorite whiskey!!!!:guitar
My Brother is lucky to have an inlaw tell him Happy Birthday.

"Will start customization with progressive 11'' shocks...Anything i should be aware of?"

I have a 2003 Anniversary Hugger that came from the factory with 11” shocks. They were acceptable for one-up riding, but with a passenger they bottomed on a regular basis even on the stiffest preload. I purchased 13” shocks off EBay and my spinal cord has never been happier.

Also you will need a shorter kickstand; otherwise the bike will sit too upright and risk falling over on the right side. I have all my original short shocks & kickstand in the event I want to return the bike to original.

Last edited:
yeah, i mostly ride alone, my wife is not much of a rider....
shorter kickstand... yeah i thhought i might need it.
ill just make one.

Back