free website stats program Anyone wear a kidney belt when riding? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Anyone wear a kidney belt when riding?

Brian I really don't like to buy off EBay. I think I may have found a belt in Walmarts I will know for sure tomorrow. Thanks for the thought though.

I wear one if I know the ride is going to be over say 3 hours or so. It works well for me to keep the otherwise lower back pain away.

I have a 2011 RKC, and I plan to switch over to Heritage style handle-bars to gain a few inches of reach, and "hunch over" a little less. This thread reminds me to get going on that!!!:shock

Bob

Harley make a tall road king bar. It added about 2 inches and grips turned in a couple of inches too. Made a WorldCom difference no upper backpack for me any more. Best part is didn't have to change cables either. Around 80 bucks from dealer.

This is the one I have:

Black Leather Protective Kidney Belt by Xelement : Amazon.com : Automotive

I bought it off Amazon, great service, delivery, etc.

Leather, good quality. One note though - IMO they run a little small. I'm a 38" waist, and the largest one was tight. Good incentive though to shed a few pounds!:s

Other than that, it works great, and it's three years old, still kickin' - not bad for $30 bucks.

Notice: It does NOT have the two leather belt buckles like in the illustration, but black plastic "quik-disconnect" thingies, the same as on quik-Release Helmet Straps. They work fine.

Bob

I wear the same belt made for me 30 years ago. Its fleece lined with velcro locking in front.
It keeps the lower back warm on cold days, but me thinks the fleece should be velcro attached also to remove on a hot day.

Either way, It will hold you together if you do lots of long rides.

i use my old leather weight lifting belt and backrest for long trips. makes a big difference. its an essential part of my longdistance pile of gear.

After reading some of the replies, all I can say is I am glad I ride an '08 sporty...

But to be honest, I do wear a tight vest sometimes. It looks better than a "kidney" belt.
And yeah....I have ridden from sunup to past sundown...500 mile days....:D

Back