free website stats program Anyone wear a kidney belt when riding? | Harley Davidson Forums

Anyone wear a kidney belt when riding?

ImaRider

I was reading about Kidney belts and it was mentioned how they help endurance. I hadn't thought about wearing one but now I would like to know more about them.

Started wearing one about 20 years ago. I find that along with a decent seat and a backrest, it gives me a lot of support in my lower back.

I think they are fairly common on this side of the pond and i have been wearing one on longer journeys for the last 10 years however i did stop using it for a year or so however i did notice that without it i got pain in my tail bone after about 60 or 70 miles with it no pain in my tail bone although i have not done more than 400 miles in 1 day the last few years with the kidney belt and a mustang seat i am very comfortable i do stop after about 100 miles for fuel and give my right hand a break as vibration in my evo softail can put my right hand to sleep

Brian

I wear one if I know the ride is going to be over say 3 hours or so. It works well for me to keep the otherwise lower back pain away.

I have a 2011 RKC, and I plan to switch over to Heritage style handle-bars to gain a few inches of reach, and "hunch over" a little less. This thread reminds me to get going on that!!!:shock

Bob

The only kidney belt I wore one was when I had to crawl under a Tornado aircraft that had it engines running at 75% power or greater.
Tony

The only kidney belt I wore one was when I had to crawl under a Tornado aircraft that had it engines running at 75% power or greater.
Tony

...and you can still hear, those are the loudest planes I have ever heard, guess you had on good hearing protectiion.

Advice on where to buy one? All I see from a google search are those that look like a WWF title belt. I just want something plain.

On this side of the pond anywhere that sells motorcycle clothing would sell kidney belts from about £10 often there is a selection of simple ones for road riding and more supportive for off road riding
Have you tried ebay

Brian

Back