free website stats program Anyone using HD 6" Curved Pullback Riser? | Harley Davidson Forums

Anyone using HD 6" Curved Pullback Riser?

MHenriques

I want to raise and pull back the handlebar of my Heritage Custom 2008 (FLST) and I'm considering usint the HD 6" Curved Pullback Riser.

Any oppinions on this option?
Any recommendations regarding extra length needed for cables?

Thanks

Mauricio

That' seems like a pretty good way to get the bars up and a little forward. I had the street slammers which have the same rise and pullback but because I'm tall the pullback got a little uncomfortable after a while. However, Heritage bars are much different from drag bars because your hands are up higher. Just keep in mind that changing bars or bar position is totally for what fits you. If you do change the risers, I highly recommend you change the riser bushings to polyurethane bushings. Stock bushings wear out pretty fast and since you have the bars off, they're right there.
You will have to change cables, though. The rule of thumb that I was told was 2" is all the cables will comfortably move. After that, you'll want to change them. I'm looking at the 08' catalog right now and it looks like you can get cables 4" longer. I don't see black ones though, I only see stainless or the Diamondback cables. If you want black cables, Harley introduced the Diamondblack cables for the 09' catalog which your dealer will have. Good luck and if you change the risers, let us know how they work out!!

Thanks for your comments. Note that my Heritage model is not the Classic, but a Custom 2008 model available in Brazil. The handlebar is pretty similar (if not identical) to the Fat Boy's 2008 handlebar.

I'm also considering changing the cables for Diamondback, hence the questions. I want to define the "whole package", because it takes a while to source all the parts down here.:small3d015:

Last edited:
I tried to go on the HD Brazil site, but I don't know any Portugese! :( If you do decide to go with the pullback risers, you will have to change your cables. I would probably say swing by your dealer and run through their catalogs. Sorry I can't be more help!!

Forget about HD brazilian web site.... No information regarding accessories...
I'll probably be forced to source the parts from USA or go to a local custom bike shop in order to get them.

That' seems like a pretty good way to get the bars up and a little forward. I had the street slammers which have the same rise and pullback...
Harley introduced the Diamondblack cables for the 09' catalog which your dealer will have. Good luck and if you change the risers, let us know how they work out!!

Like Krikket I have the street slammers that integrate the riser and handlebar as a single assembly. Get the latest HD Accessories Book ("Bible") to give you ideas, It is a huge book, but has sections for specific models available on-line to clarify what cables you may need if you want to change to the Diamondback sheathed braided brake lines (they prevent the steel braid from "chafing and sawing") through anything they come in contact with.

Because your bike is so new, I would not do a mod where you "need" to change the stock hoses unless the brake feel is "mushy" as often the case with rubber only brake line hoses. :s

Last edited:
Back