free website stats program Anyone using Easy Brackets with Hertiage bags? | Harley Davidson Forums

Anyone using Easy Brackets with Hertiage bags?

Keithhu

I was thinking about getting Easy Brackets, but I just realized that you cannot remove the metal arm that attaches the bag to the frame; it makes the whole removal/reattachment a big pain in the rear end.

I'd like to take a hack saw and cut that arm off behind the profile of the bag so that you cant see it.

If I do that, the bags only have the 2 Easy Bracket attachment points at the top. So here's the question: Wont the bags wobble on those connection points if they don’t have a 3rd/lower connection point to the frame?

But I would think that that would be a problem on other softails that use Easy Bags, which of course wouldn’t have that frame connection anyway.

Thoughts/comments?

Yeah, the more I think about it, the more I'm inclined to buy the Harley kit for making these bags detatchable - its a little bit more money, but the solution involves replacing the hardware that attaches the lower support to the frame with something like a detachable pin. A bit more sturdy, I think.

Back