free website stats program anyone try these RKP pop up latches | Harley Davidson Forums

anyone try these RKP pop up latches

lorne

found these on ebay.. look like a good idea and would look a lot better but not sure. they are suppose to be a replacement for the nice big knobs on the saddle bags.
any input would be appriciated

Thanks

CHROME STAR POP UP KIT FOR HARLEY POLICE ROAD KING
Please wait
Image not available

* Enlarge

Item condition: New
Quantity:
Error icon
More than 10 available
Please enter a quantity of $quantity$ or less
Please enter a quantity of 1
Purchases are limited to $quantity$ per buyer
Please enter a quantity of $quantity$ or less
Please enter a lower number
Please enter quantity of 1 or more
Price: US $54.95 Buy It NowBuy It NowBuy It Now

I got some like that off Ebay once. Don't remember if they are the same manufacturer. They worked very well but they are not 100% watertight. Other than finding a few drops of water in the bag after being caught in the rain I had no complaints.

pop ups are good. i used a permatex black pipe dope on the seals and on the nuts to keep them tight. no water leaks even in a hard rain. been on for 4 years w/no issues. i got mine from the place that has the bag inserts. used hd bar and shield license plate bolts to fill the rivet holes. needed to GENTLY sand bore hole for latch to fit. dremel w/ sanding drum or die grinder w/ flap wheel. note gently above. good luck.

pop ups are good. i used a permatex black pipe dope on the seals and on the nuts to keep them tight. no water leaks even in a hard rain. been on for 4 years w/no issues. i got mine from the place that has the bag inserts. used hd bar and shield license plate bolts to fill the rivet holes. needed to GENTLY sand bore hole for latch to fit. dremel w/ sanding drum or die grinder w/ flap wheel. note gently above. good luck.

thanks for the tip. hope to have them in the next couple days. still need to add more...loooong way to go it was completely stock when i got it right down to the grips

Back