free website stats program Anyone Tried Sundance Foam Grips? | Harley Davidson Forums

Anyone Tried Sundance Foam Grips?

Dr. Dolittle

Experienced Member
Contributor
Retired Moderators
I'm thinking about replacing the grips with something a little softer than stock grips but I don't want to drop the large coin necessary to get the Kuryakyn Iso Grips. The Iso Grips are pretty thick if I remember the ones I had on my Sporty. These Sundance Grips from Drag Specialties look like a nice compromise of style, comfort, and price. Anyone using them now or tried them in the past? What do you think?

Drag Specialties :: Handlebars, Controls GRIPS

Had a pair on another bike ans I found they come apart after a while. It's similar to a sponge material but in all fairness, I don't know how old they were because they were on the bike when I bought it.

Had a pair on another bike ans I found they come apart after a while. It's similar to a sponge material but in all fairness, I don't know how old they were because they were on the bike when I bought it.

Must be why they also sell replacement foam so you can redo that part without replacing the whole grip.

So, did you like them before they disintegrated?

They were OK but I found the size of the grip to be a bit big, I like the smaller grips like the Aileron grips that I use on all mine, very comfortable.

Aileron Hand Grips, 56425-02,

I know Lancer swears by his aileron grips also. I need to find a pair on someone else's bike or a used one at the dealer to really try them out installed with my gloves on.

OK, did a very unscientific survey today. Stopped in at Earl Small HD in Marietta and slowly wandered down the multiple lines of used bikes checking out the grips. Of the bikes that did not have stock grips anymore, there were a few Kuryakyn IsoGrips, one or two various HD replacement grips, and a TON of Aileron grips. I'd say the Ailerons outnumbered anything else 3 to 1! Looks like I'm going with the majority on this one.

Back