free website stats program Anyone Run K&P Engineering Oil Filters | Harley Davidson Forums

Anyone Run K&P Engineering Oil Filters

rider4life

I am doing a medium 103" build on my 2007 Ultra.
T Man Touring Elite heads 10:75 comp/T man 660 SM Cams/ T Man HP Pistons/ Trued, balanced and welded lower end/ SE Cam Plate and Oil pump/HD Oil cooler/ D&D Fat Cat 2to1 Pipes/51mm TB with Hi Flo Injectors/ bla bla bla... just trying to liven it up.

Has anyone been using the K&P Engineering oil filter on their Twin Cam ??? I want to make sure I get the best flow with proper filtration. Been reading about bypass etc.

I ride 7-10k per year in both hot and cold weather ( Michigan)

Looking for your thoughts and opinions on this matter.

My engine is pumped up as well and I use the stock HD filter only, never had any issues. Can't speak on the K&P filter but If it we're me I'd stay with what is recomennded from HD. Seeing you have a oil cooler as well the stock filter will serve you just fine.

Thanks Tank and Jeff

I am probably worrying too much... but I have read that a lot of race bikes run them due to higher oil flow and less (no) bypass, particularly at start up. My gut tells me that higher volume will cool better and lubricate better. On the other hand I do change my oil every 5k and use AMSOIL... always used HD filter and my tear down inspection looked great. Very little wear on cam shoes, cylinder walls clean, no crud settled in rocker boxes and I have never had any debris on pan magnet. So this tells me that at least on the stock engine HD has been fine at 40k miles.

I consider myself a "smooth" rider... but I am quite sure I will be a little ,yeah right...a lot harder on the build than I have been on the stock engine. Hoping to get at least another 40-50k before I need to do anything major. The high lift cam is probably whats got me bothered ... Lot of cash being laid out... want her blood running pure and clean !!

Back