free website stats program Anyone ride Highway 2 across Montana? | Harley Davidson Forums

Anyone ride Highway 2 across Montana?

dbinbc

I'm heading out on a long road trip in early July. Intend to cross Canada using the TransCanada Highway as I am hooking up with another rider in Winnipeg but I prefer riding in the States, much more bike friendly. Don't want to drop all the way down to I90 as that is my return route. Has anyone ridden Highway #2 across the top of Montana into ND and if so, is it a good ride?

I've ridden from Kalispel to Shelby on Hwy 2. It's a good road. Not much to see or do. Browning is a hole. Shelby is a good place to stop for the night. A dozen bars in 2 blocks, but that's it. I couldn't ride the Highway to the Sky because of snow on it in August so stayed on hwy 2 around the mountains.
Enjoy your ride and stay safe.

I rode all the way to Sault Ste. Marie and back from Calgary on the #2.( Then down thru Michigan to southern Ontario). I found it better then the #1 in Canada in both road quality and lots less traffic. Everything is less expensive in the U.S. food, fuel, motels and parts at the Harley Dealerships. Cops don't bother you as long as you go the speed limit in the towns, out of town it was 10 mph over or more. I love the States and I'm going down to California this year. I would do the #2 again and plan on it in the not too distant future. Bonus is the Canadian dollar is doing better!

I have riden Highway 2 from North Dakota all the way through Montana over to Glacier park. If you are heading west, expect good roads but VERY boring all the way to Cutbank Montana. About 400+ miles, then you start to enter very beautiful country all the way to Idaho. Good road conditions but long and flat. Sorry but that's a fact.:s

Thanks for the info. I do like riding in the States, sure beats Canadian prices and speed limits.

Back