free website stats program Anyone Ridden this Bike? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Anyone Ridden this Bike?

Just a side note, saw an older BMW touring bike in San Juan, chatted with the owner. Nice looking bike, he swore by it. Was surprised to find out it had Brembo brakes just like my new UC.

I have not ridden that bike but I did ride a K 1200 gt a friend of mine has. It is a good looking sport bagger and the seat and handle bar position was great for me while in the standing position at a stop light. But the foot pegs are too far back (like a crotch rocket) and caused an old man like me to cramp up. This is the new tpe of BMW with the straight-four engine in transverse arrangement, (not the opposing cylinder pancake engine). I will be honest with you it would scat.. beyond anything I imagined...it had tourque at low RPM and gobs of top end...I was doing 110 before I realized it and I was in fourth gear. The owner said it had 150 hp and I believed him. If I didnt cramp up while riding it, I might consider one of these amusement park rides! But the street glide I have is as much excitement as I want right now!

I just went to go check one out (wasn't able to test ride it). The one word I think best describes the looks is "sterile." It looks like a fine machine, but yeah... no soul or character. Plus, my foot barely fit between the peg and gear-shift. I don't have huge boots or anything, but that would be an issue. Another thing I didn't particularly care for are the wheels. They look kind of small to me. The wheels on my RKC are a huge part of its beauty, in my eyes.

With all that said, I would still like to ride one just for comparison... but there is something about riding a Harley... there's just something about it :hii

hope y'all in the Chicago area are taking advantage of this fine weather

Watch out for left turners!

Drew

Ya just swap for some miles. Romain your avatar is awesome!! Sorry didnt see the second page before the post.

His BMW is a fine machine that handels like a dream. I ride a King and have taken an older RT for a spin. The bikes are apples and oranges. The King could never be as nimble as the BMW nor can the BMW be the heavy weight cruiser that the King is.

My father in law has this BMW and loves it...having said that I stopped by for a chat with my new 09 Streetglide and just on looks alone he has got an itch he needs to scratch. My mother in law and he are fair weather riders...this is not there passion and as he says as soon as he can get her off the back he will purchase the FLHX. She enjoys her cupholder and the HUGE trunk she sits up against. I suggested he remove the bolts holding the rear bag and twist that throttle....with her on back ...problem solved.:newsmile090:

Back