free website stats program Anyone lower their 2009 Street Glide frontend? | Harley Davidson Forums

Anyone lower their 2009 Street Glide frontend?

USMCCWO5

I bought my wife a 2009 FLHX, with that the dealer was going to order a front suspension lowering kit. It has been a month now and HD still isn't shipping the kits yet? Has anyone lowered their 2009 FLHX?

What is different about the 2009 forks?

I know that the jiffy stand mount is different.

Any idea for the rear shocks? Someone said Progressive. Is that a brand name or can anyone recommend a superior progressive shock to go along with the (in the future) lowered front end.

Thanks.:newsmile022:

I'd stick with the hd lowering shocks for the rear. if you use a kit you may wind up changing the geometry of the rear shocks and youe shocks will rub your bags. also you may have issues with the read tire rubbing the wiring harness feeding your taillights.

Cant imagine lowering it any more than it is.I scrape my 08 boards without even trying.You're a brave man, thats a beast to park for a lass.IM confident my ol lady can drive mine..doesnt mean I want to see her knee give out backing it up.

So....are the forks the same? I am thinking they are, but wanted to confirm.

It is for her to be able to back it out of the parking space at work. She doesn't, nor do I, care if it looks cool.:23:

We climbed Mt. Whitney, we are doing a century bike ride in Solvang, CA soon. I am not worried about her knee giving out either.

I will definitely stick with the HD internal fork parts, appreciate the tip. The rear shocks are already lower than the other touring models. She just needs a little over an inch to put both heels on the ground.

Thanks for your input, I will consider all comments.:D

...want to look at air ride expensive ...

You weren't kidding. They are expensive. However; now that I started this discussion the HD dealer called me today and the kits have been received at the dealership. I have an appointment for next Tuesday for their installation. Thanks to all, and I hope my wife can feel comfortable with her bike after lowering the front end.

BTW, I installed the reach seat and that gave her over an inch closer to the ground, and moved her closer to the controls. She did like this improvement a lot.:skipping

>>HD dealer called me today and the kits have been received at the dealership<<

Can you tell me what the kits are?
I need to lower my 09 also.

Thanks

Frank

Frank;

Here is the kit that I have in my 2009 FLHX. Still haven't lowered the rearend. Awaiting progressive to ship new part numbers for 2009.

Touring Front Lowering Kit

Place the rider's feet firmly on the ground. This kit utilizes components designed to provide a 1" decrease in ride height.

54564-09

IN-STORE PURCHASE ONLY Contact dealer for pricing and availability.

Fits '09 Touring models (except FLHR, FLHRC, FLTRSE3, FLHTCUTG and Police models). Must only be installed on vehicles equipped with Profile® Low Touring Shocks P/N 54635-09. Can be installed on FLHX models with Original Equipment rear shocks. Kit includes Jiffy Stand Mounting Bracket.

MSRP US $149.95

Still no rear shocks from Progressive yet.

I did make a big leap yesterday to get the wife's feet on the ground. I pulled the staples off the seat, took a knife and razor blade to the foam. Hacked and sawed a 2x8 inch piece of foam from each side to thin out the width of the seat. I cut right where your legs are when your feet are on the ground. Now she has a thinner seat. Got out the staple gun and put it back together. Looks good as new, but a lot thinner.:bigsmiley6:

Not to start another "Lowered '09 SG thread", but has anyone lowered the rear of their 2009 Street Glide yet?

Still awaiting shocks from Progressive in CA!:coffee

Hi,

I just had it done today on my brand new 2009 STREET GLIDE =

- Lowered the front of 1 inch with the New Front End Lowering Kit from Harley + LEGEND AIR SUSPENSION for the Rear ! ! !

I had LEGEND AIR on my Previous Harley (Not a Touring) and felt like I had to try doing it on a Touring !

I'm going to test drive it tomorrow so I will let you guys know how it is !

So far I can tell you that the front lowered is not only giving a better stability but it also looks Lowered than before & a Nicer Look, for the Rear : We just have been testing it to see if the whole system was working properly between the Pump, the Gauge & the rear suspensions : When No Air at all = It is very Low, you add a little Air & Just get a great and smooth suspension !

I can't wait to try it tomorrow ! :D

Ricardo
Paris
France

Back