free website stats program Anyone have wobbles, cracking or rupturing of the fork | Harley Davidson Forums

Anyone have wobbles, cracking or rupturing of the fork

hillbill

Dear,

I am just curious as to whether anyone has seen any issues with the V-Rod forks?

Like cracking or wobbling issues. Or a flat out rupturing of any part of the fork assembly?

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Hillbill

Dear,

I am just curious as to whether anyone has seen any issues with the V-Rod forks?

Like cracking or wobbling issues. Or a flat out rupturing of any part of the fork assembly?

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Hillbill

I have 23K on an '05 VRSCA in the last 18 months. My communte daily includes about 12 miles of freeway that is always between 80-90mph sustained. If you have found cracks, I would sure like to know where! I have never had wobble but am concerned enough that it could happen that I have never gone over 110. It was totally stable there but discretion made me back down since the front tire was not new and wobble comes on almost instantly when it happens.

Normally I stay below 95 since it is the acceleration that is fun, but it is still pulling strong at that point and was still pulling strong at 110. Wonder what the top speed is.... Share your experience, please.

Johalber

Hmmm...well, my top speed is around 130, 135 on a good day I've found. No wobbling unless luggage on back or worn tyres.

Diljera

hillbill,

I get a really bad wobble over 110 miles per hour. The addition of any large trucks or SUVs makes it worse. I’m not sure what it is, but I’ve been told about the solid wheels. I’m not sure I believe that.Top speed for a 2004 VRSCB with Reinhart Pipes – 128ish, with plenty of throttle left. That was when the wobble got a little too scary.Just ordered a set of Beetle Bags. Thanks for everyone who offered recommendations, even though I didn’t listen to any of them!

Boabs

My 05 VRSCA is stock and I have had it up to about 138 mph, but I was wearing a backpack which started to cause me to wobble. I still had some throttle left. I guess I should pay closer attention to my forks and tires now. I usually cruise between 80 to 100 mph while on the Highway. I have approximately 9,800 miles on it and have not replaced anything other than the the required oil and filter change, replaced rear tire at about 2,000 miles due to a nail, replaced 1 coolant line shrink clamp and about 5 turn signal bulbs that kept blowing out during the first 6 months but have not had any problems since. I am about ready to have the 10,000 mile service done. My tires still seem to have at least half their life left. I don't understand why I am reading that others are only getting about 8,000 out of their tires.

HDLover

Back