Anyone have a Sundowner on a electra glide?

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by xdanman, Oct 9, 2010.

1. xdanman

xdanman Member

I was wondering if the sundowner for the 2010 Ultra classic was comfortable? I just bought a mustang and am not thrilled about the position it put me in.

2. fabrozor

fabrozor Active Member

I have a Sundowner on my Electra standard.
    I'm happy with it.
    - I feel less back support compared to the original due to a flater shape (but not less materiel inside), but as i needed to put a back rest, now my back is held.
    - the position is good you can take your ease,
    - the comfort quality is good too compared to the original due to a higher density of the inside material.

3. Redfish-Joe

Redfish-Joe Senior Member

Got 37k on my RG and I like it. The wife loves it. She has been knows to fall asleep! :newsmile100:

4. by47025

by47025 Member

I Have 2009 ultra wife sid not like the sundowner at all

5. Dyna_guy1

Dyna_guy1 New Member

I have a 09 Ultras and installed a Sundowner and did the 3500 mile Sturgis trip and loved the seat. I'm only 5'9" so the lowering and narrow horn was much better than the stock seat.

6. gazrnr

gazrnr Member

I have a Sundowner on my 09 RG and 98 RK. The 09 seat is wider than the one on the 98. I Like the way I sit on the 98 better but the seat if far better than the stock seat.

7. Eagle Rider

Eagle Rider Member

Have it on my '03.
    I ended up having to buy one about a week before a road trip. It was not the seat I wanted but I was desperate. As it tunred out, it was in fact a very comfortable seat. I thought for sure I would hate it but had no sores or discomfort on my trip.

A very good seat for the price. Of course I still dream about the Zepplin!:s