free website stats program Anyone have a download for a '98 R King/ stage 2?? | Harley Davidson Forums

Anyone have a download for a '98 R King/ stage 2??

I have been haveing idle problems with the scooter. Tried 3 times to reset the idles, idled cold at warm RPM and idled warm at the cold RPM's ??? Also has been popping when rolling off the throttle.
Took it up to Harley and this is what they told me. They can't download the Stage 2 because Harly doesn't have those any more???? The only way to really fix the problem is to install different injectors at $130 apiece. I am having problems believing any of this.
So.... 1. Any one have anything to add to what Harley is telling me?
And 2, does anyone have or know where I CAN get the Stage 2 download?
I would really like to get my bike back to running right, Thanks !

Have you made some recent changes to the bike that caused this problem? If not I would maybe check if you have an intake leak.
If you need more fuel, instead of looking for a download you should consider a TFI unit from Doebeck performance. They work awesome, easy to change settings. You would be able to get your bike dialed right in, check their website out, many, many members on here using this product.
If you do a search on this site for TFI, you will find tons of info, I looked at the website and they have a unit available for your bike.

Already had checked for an exhaust leak before I gave up and took it to Harley. The reason I would really like to get my hands on a download is, if my Power Commander or computer (EDIT) I am really hosed! There is no way to bring the bike back to run. Not a happy thought. Still fry's me that Harly would sell the Stage 2 but can't keep the download available.(EDIT) , put it on a thumb drive, put it in a sandwich bag with a piece of paper saying what its for and toss it in desk drawer. Its not like its eating up computer space ther in Millwakee

Please read this...

HDTimeline Language Policy - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Back