free website stats program Anyone experience this | Harley Davidson Forums

Anyone experience this

BuffaloBill

Hello Gang

This morning got on the way to work I stopped to get fuel for my 09 RKC and afterfilling up and a few miles the "Low" fuel light went on I figured that the sending unit may be stuck and was not that concerned I continued to ride into work and at the next traffic stop light my instrument lights blipped on and off for a second. I will call the HD Dealer today but I was wondering if anyone has ever experienced this on their scooter?

BuffaloBill

My 08 Dyna ocasionally goes crazy, all instrument lights will go out, the speedometer drops to 0, and it keeps on running like a champ. If I stop and turn off the iginition and start it back up, everything works fine. It has done this 4 or 5 times in the last year and a half. All electrical connections I can find have been verified clean and tight.

Don't forget to check the fuses and relay terminal connections. The blade type connections are not very well sealed, so condensation and oxidation will see white powder residue, a sure sign that you need to clean with pencil eraser or a good contact spray (tuner/control wash like Radio Shack) for the really small round ones) followed up with dielectric grease to prevent corrosion will help. Being as your rides are fairly new, good time to do it before it gets 4 or 5 years down the road!

Being a proud owner of a 2004 Sporty with the fuse panel exposed just under the seat lip, you don't ask me how I know.

Last edited:
Mine did very similar to that.Turned out the battery terminal had loosened of and was losing contact momentarily

Similar problem here last year, turned out to be a dead short in the battery

Odd you should mention this

Mine did it today right after a fill. I stopped the bike and shut it down and then restarted it. That seemed to correct the issue. Amazing what a little re=boot will do eh?

Back