free website stats program Anyone ever repair Tour Pak latch? | Harley Davidson Forums

Anyone ever repair Tour Pak latch?

horizonchaser

Contributor
My latches on my Tour Pak became loose so I took them off, backed off on the collar that was on the Torx bolt so I could screw it in further, and added Loctite to the threads for added insurance. I figured i was all set and the problem was solved. Well about one week later and the latches came loose again! :(
Rather than replacing the latches outright (which I may ultimately end up doing anyway), has anyone succeeded in doing a repair on their latches?
Thanks!

HC

My latches on my Tour Pak became loose so I took them off, backed off on the collar that was on the Torx bolt so I could screw it in further, and added Loctite to the threads for added insurance. I figured i was all set and the problem was solved. Well about one week later and the latches came loose again! :(
Rather than replacing the latches outright (which I may ultimately end up doing anyway), has anyone succeeded in doing a repair on their latches?
Thanks!

HC

If you are talking about the latches on the Tour Pak and NOT the hinges, they are cheap! About $10 + the government's share. Not worth fiddling with in my opinion. Just swap them out.

TQ

I was going to suggest that also TQ.
Plus, adjust the lock to be as tight as possible. This will help take the strain off the latches.

May want to go to the Search tab and use keywords...I seem to recall someone changing out them for some nice chrome ones...:25:

Thanks guys. I most likely will swap them out for a new pair. I had heard that they were cheap and broke frequently. A friend of mine at work has an '09 Ultra and he has already replaced his latches! I may also do a search and see if I can get those chrome ones that was suggested.

HD also makes a spiffy set of chrome "premium tour-pak hinges" to replace the cheesey ones that come standard. They match the look of the latches. They are $49.95 a set and are well worth the money.

HD also makes a spiffy set of chrome "premium tour-pak hinges" to replace the cheesey ones that come standard. They match the look of the latches. They are $49.95 a set and are well worth the money.
Thanks Doug, I didn't know that. I'll check them out.

Back