free website stats program Anyone ever rented a Harley for a few days? | Harley Davidson Forums

Anyone ever rented a Harley for a few days?

trvlr

Can you negotiate on the daily rental price on these w/ the dealer, or are you pretty much stuck w/ the ~$100/day rate? I'll be trying to rent from the dealer where I purchased my Ultra..so not sure if they'll do me a solid for giving them the business -

Any add'l option(s) or special "watch-out-for-this" tricks they try to get you to agree to when renting that's best to pass on?

Thanks...

I have heard it can be lowered but the daily rate 100$ for only a couple of days is in my opinion tough to get down...

I have rented Only from a private rental shop and not a dealer, so it is just what I have Heard about negotiate with the HD shops ..

I would try Lower, because of buying your bike from them.

If you are going to do any Longer rental than a day or two, I'm sure Then it can be negotiated some what down from 100$ a day..

I paid 150$ a day, then got it down to 60$ a day for a few weeks of rental.

I have heard of 50$ for doing a 3 week rental, 1050$ that is still a lot of $ for the HD shop. Don't know how this works out for mileages you put on the bikes.

Let us know what you find out in Your particular case..

bubbie

Some Dealers have day rides IE middle of the week specials that are cheaper, Adamecs here in Jax, fl. used to do this

Thanks fellas - would probably be a 4-day, at the most, rental - if it happens. Been having trouble selling my metric since buying my Ultra - so told my buddy back home..sure come on down here to Fla..I'll ride the metric, you can do the Ultra and we'll hit the Keys. He booked his ticket last week...my metric sold tonight lol - I'm definitely not the sharpest pencil in the stack at times -

So I'm out an airline ticket at worse, but going to see what we can work out on doing a rental. Will let you know what I get back from the dealer on their rental pricing - appreciate the info -

So I'm out an airline ticket at worse, but going to see what we can work out on doing a rental. Will let you know what I get back from the dealer on their rental pricing - appreciate the info -

Just a thought, If you know the fellow who bought the metric well enough. Maybe he would rent it back for a 100$? just My thought.

bubbie

I got lucky and got a reduced rate form a dealer in Peigon Forge TN. I didn't even have to ask for it. They were slow and it had been raining. I guess they just felt like being helpful.:)

I rented during vacation last weekend of March up in Pigeon Forge TN. The dealership did not budge on their price and said it was because of the time of year, very popular riding time. They require a $2K security deposit that, if your insurance doesn't cover or you don't buy their insurance, becomes your deductible in case of an accident. Rented a softail heritage, considered ta premium bike, total cost with insurance $126/day.

Thought about it while I was in vegas the one year, but the prices were to high for me to justify it...

Several times from Eagle Rider in Las Vegas. Wouldn't rent from another place having rented from them. Bikes are always mechanically perfect and even clean.

I rented from Eaglerider on Maui on Dec 30 2009. $150 a day. A little high for the Road King, but the ride was PRICELESS!

Check Eaglriders website. Sometimes they have some smokin deals!

Eaglerider rentals

Back