free website stats program Anyone ever hit a small animal????? | Harley Davidson Forums

Anyone ever hit a small animal?????

98ROADKING

JUST LIKE KMILLER31 SAID IT'S DEER SEASON HERE IN N.E. OHIO SO BE ON ALERT FOR DEER CROSSING THE ROAD AND REMEMBER WHERE THERES ONE THERES USUALLY MORE TO FOLLOW......BUT ANYWAY I CAN IMAGINE THE EFFECT OF HITTING A DEER BUT I'VE BEEN WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS HIT A SMALLER ANIMAL LIKE A GROUNDHOG,RABBIT,POSSUM,ECT.....I MEAN SHOULD YOU HOLD ON FOR THE IMPACT,TRY TO DITCH .........I GUESS WHAT I'M SAYING IS CAN YOU RUN OVER ONE WITHOUT TO MUCH POSSIBILITY OF FLIPPING OVER OR WHAT?ANYONE EVER HAD THE EXPERIENCE?????????:help

you know what tank, a dog is probably what i should have used for example because theres probably a better chance of one of those to be in the roadway rather than what i said,but didn't even think of a dog being in the road.....wow that could be ugly

Yes, was giving a friend a ride on the back, late at night, came up so fast I think it was a raccoon it hit my engine guard and right foot, she didn't even know until we got back. from what I could tell, he ran off, I went back after droping my friend off couldn't find anything.

Ground hog at 50mph,with Me and the lady. The bike went bump, bump.
Never had time to check up. It ran between me and the bike in front.
They are kinda flat to start with & low to the ground, thank goodness.
It knocked my ride bell off, but we found the bell laying on the line in the road.
My first kill.

I say I "hit" a dog once. That's a stretch, the dog just bumped my right saddle bag. The dog ran off. Apparently ok. No damage to me or the saddle bag. Don't know how much it startled the dog but it sure got my attention.

My good friend hit a 10point buck @ 60mph on his ultra about a month ago here in Illinois riding home from work...killed the deer but he never went down..the deer's antlers put a 8in round hole in his fairing just above the headlight,bent the crash bar and took out the saddle bag and rails,his leg and wrists were sore for a couple days but that was it.He called 911 and the operator ask about the condition of the rider..he said I am the rider,the operator said wow,we don't get to many riders that hit a deer and place the 911 themselves you are a lucky man

Back