free website stats program Anyone ever had to lay their bike down? | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Anyone ever had to lay their bike down?

Joy, glad you made it thru and noticed your "mood"...I can feel your pain from here. Might try some retail therapy...works for me! :small3d036:

Hope your pain subsides and recovery quick.:newsmile100:

In 1995 I took the ABATE motorcycle safety class in Indianapolis. An awesome experience. Now I had heard the term "had to lay it down, or I laid it down etc." all of my life. Hence I addressed this question to our Instructor during one of our classroom sessions.
I posed the question..."what does it mean when a person says... I had to lay it down...". My instructor chuckled and replied..."Randy, that's a macho way of saying they had a motorcycle wreck." :newsmile100:

Joy the pain is jut a reminder of the error you made and should soon get better
i think most of us that have been riding for a while have ended up on the ground once or twice
every occasion has been part of my learning experience and hopefully im a little more cautious as a result
Hopefully youll be back riding soon

Brian

I knew I could count on you guys to make me smile. :D Now, I got the flying down, but I need to work on the landing.

When I told my husband how I went down, his response was, 'I knew the ditch was there, I put the culvert in'. Thanks honey. :)

So, what I think happened, I'm sort of heading back to the road, I saw the ditch, but I'm trying to make the turn a little shorter, going too fast & it was too late, the front wheel was in the ditch.

I've done this many times on the mtn bike, but it only weighed 23 lbs. :D

haha...I think that's called a throw down right there lol.. Here's hoping those physical and pride hurts..get healed real soon....:cheers

Thanks for the good wishes all. Yes Hobbit, the MTB instincts were a little rusty. If I can find a picture of the scene of the crash, I'll post it just to show why I thought I was fine & didn't need to slow down. But seriously, I did get a wake up call for when I'm on 2 wheels with an engine that things can get ugly quick. Better the Suzuki, (which came out in pretty good shape) than the Harley. :s

BTW, Hobbit, I guess I should have started the story with 'I was just riding along.....' LOL

Thanks for the good wishes all. Yes Hobbit, the MTB instincts were a little rusty. If I can find a picture of the scene of the crash, I'll post it just to show why I thought I was fine & didn't need to slow down. But seriously, I did get a wake up call for when I'm on 2 wheels with an engine that things can get ugly quick. Better the Suzuki, (which came out in pretty good shape) than the Harley. :s

BTW, Hobbit, I guess I should have started the story with 'I was just riding along.....' LOL

Now we know why it says pain, glad to hear you are OK, get back on that horse and ride:s

Back