free website stats program Anyone ever added STP to the primary & trans? | Harley Davidson Forums

Anyone ever added STP to the primary & trans?

:shock*********************NO***********************:shock

Nothing further needs to be said

signed....BUBBIE

BUBBIE has you covered!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thought I would seek wisdom of the masses.
Thanks' guys.

Wlindsey we were not trying to put you off, but I know I have never seen any studies done using STP in a Harley tranny. As slippery as the stuff is I would never put it in the primary with the clutch.

I just found the article on Lucas additives in the Self help section and it really sheds the light on the issue. I never realized that an additive would actually cause the lube to trap air like it does.

Thanks' guys for the great site and the helpful folks on it.

Indeed, back in the day of the 4 speed tranny, the cases and seals were low quality, I ran STP straight in my 1960 FL, it shifted hard when cold but did not leak too bad, tho I would not use this in any of the modern 5 or 6 speeds

Ya no....Its funny you should ask this....Just last week I sat down with the king himself ,,Richard petty ...Over the period of several hours and beers we discussed his racing and the use of STP...I asked the king if he would recommend using STP in our bikes...He said .....................................Well...I cant tell you what he said..:shock.....A short time later in my visit his son Kyle showed up and he said he wouldn't run the STP in any of his bikes and went on to say more but the language was so bad I had to leave.....Sorry for the long anser.....Id tell you all about our bike ride another time....Mat

Back