free website stats program Anyone else out there still riding? | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Anyone else out there still riding?

I just moved to Kansas From Texas, You northern Guys are much tougher when it comes to weather, I will sure give you that. The cold is alot diffrent here and hard to get use to. I have rode in Texas and New Mexico in 30s and 40s, but here in Kansas, the 30s feel like teens. We sure didnt get any snow is west Texas, but the temptation is stronger and stronger to get out in it and ride.

I just moved to Kansas From Texas, You northern Guys are much tougher when it comes to weather, I will sure give you that. The cold is alot diffrent here and hard to get use to. I have rode in Texas and New Mexico in 30s and 40s, but here in Kansas, the 30s feel like teens. We sure didnt get any snow is west Texas, but the temptation is stronger and stronger to get out in it and ride.
Hey TG --- which side of Ks. did you land on? if it's western part--wait till the wind starts howlin outta Nebraska!!!! I lived in Ks. for a long time. Stay safe!!

Hey R.L.--- You got it, Western about 20 miles from colorado, I have seen the wind blow in west Texas, but im sure I havent seen nothing yet!!!

Hey R.L.--- You got it, Western about 20 miles from colorado, I have seen the wind blow in west Texas, but im sure I havent seen nothing yet!!!
It can get mighty windy out there! Wait till a snow rolls thru and they shut down I-70 from Salina,Ks. to Limon Colorado!!!! A company I worked for would send us to Garden City,Ks. every Feb.from Topeka for a 3 day seminar. Got hung up in Hays for a week-could not go back toward Topeka I-70 shut down and could not see to go toward G.C.!!!:bigsmiley21:

Just got home from a two hour ride. First time out in three weeks. 20 degrees out, but with the heated gloves, vest and pants, I was comfy!! Just had to watch out for ice, there was some of it. Boy, I needed that ride!!!!

The mind becomes quite clear afterwards doesn't it!!!!!!:bigsmiley12:

:bigsmiley22: It's now 27th of Dec. and I'm still riding. I ride year round even when the temps drop below the 20F, I figure it is as simple Ride to Live, then it's Live to Ride.

Just Leather Up and go! Now if I can just find a few others on the Mid Atlantic Coast that like to ride as much as I do!

It can get mighty windy out there! Wait till a snow rolls thru and they shut down I-70 from Salina,Ks. to Limon Colorado!!!! A company I worked for would send us to Garden City,Ks. every Feb.from Topeka for a 3 day seminar. Got hung up in Hays for a week-could not go back toward Topeka I-70 shut down and could not see to go toward G.C.!!!:bigsmiley21:

Every Morning I get up, I walk out and look at my Bike sitting in the garage, Then look athe the snow outside and think, Is 12 Miles to work really that far?

Out riding for an hour before work this morning. A little foggy and temperature in the 30's but the heated gear is working good and at 4:30 am there was very little traffic which made for a really enjoyable ride. WOW, I feel so much better!:bigsmiley24: Now, If only my work day would go by real fast so I can ride some more before it rains tonight.

Got the RK out for a ride today and put on about 95 miles, It felt SOOOOOO good to ride again after all the snow is gone now. Temps were about 50* or so and no need for the heated gloves.

This is the way winter should be!:D

Back