free website stats program Anyone else on here race a Motorcycle? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Anyone else on here race a Motorcycle?

Track days are now my only "racing". I started racing many years ago, in California, because I was tired of getting tickets... Yeah, I was a hooligan. I loved to go fast, did endo's at stoplights, and had the front end in the air alot of the time. A road with some twisties was a license to "ride it like I stole it!"

Racing, and track days, solved that problem. It gives you a chance to ride a bike to it's limits in a safe enviroment. I still have one track bike, a Ducati 996SPS. Been thinking about converting it back to street legal because I only go to the track 4 or 5 time a year....

Now that everyone knows I race I'd like to hear from any of you that race a Motorcycle.

I was doing some local club racing up until my oldest son was born (3 yrs ago). All my free time goes to my boys these days. When I go back and race again I will be in the Formula 40 class. (40yrs+) My bike still races (GSXR 750), I am sponsoring a friend of mine who is smokin' fast. Wins most of the time so at least my bike is paying for its self.

These days I do a track day here and there. I think on my next track day I will take the Hypermotard out and see how she does.

For the record I race ITP EnduroCross on a 2004 RM250 RC edition, Drag race a VRD in both AHDRA and (Outlaw races all at the track but with no time read out and run what you brung)
I do get beat but not very often, the look on the young boys faces Riding hopped up jap *rap after being beat by a mom with 2 kids riding a HD is priceless.
I've also done some hill climbing (just comes with living in WV) .
But Drag racing is what i live for.
Come to Bristol TN Thunder Valley Aug 9-10 and Watch / race me. Hubby always got cash for side bets :)
By the way he races in the S&S 124 class with a street legal FXR.

Survey sez...............yes

20689347-46Tecate_Drags__1987_cr_sz_630.jpg
:D

Picture taken 1987.

Another year or two and I'll get my Pro Stock license.
Dream is to race for V&H pro Stock Team!
But even if we have to build my own in our shop it's coming!!!!!!
And it'll be V-twin!!!!

Ice raced a lot back in the day (early '70's). Too old now. I still have the old Husky set up for it. Hasn't been started in years. My grandson keeps hinting a me getting it started for him.

Back