Anyone else on here race a Motorcycle?

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by The Bad Man's Angel, Jul 23, 2008.

1. The Bad Man's Angel

The Bad Man's Angel Active Member

Now that everyone knows I race I'd like to hear from any of you that race a Motorcycle.

2. glider

glider Veteran Member

Oh no not me!! Too dangerous.:D

I like fast cars and boats, can't fall off as easy.

3. The Bad Man's Angel

Cars to safe and boats to dangerous!

4. Animal

Animal Active Member

Are you asking street or strip?

5. The Bad Man's Angel

I've done both but track only now.
    What works for you?

6. Fisher

Fisher Account Removed

The only types of racing I haven't done are ice and hillclimbs.My favorite is MX and I still do that occasionally.49 years old and usually the oldest guy in the gate.Never the slowest.Might do some indoor shorttrack this winter.

7. Joyflyin

Joyflyin Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator

Used to race mountain bikes, mainly WV riding. Would never do motorcycles at the time because I liked to go fast, and I was pretty much all out then. If I was on anything heavier than 23 lbs. I would either be dead or at least be crippled now........gotta know your limits. :s I'm probably lucky to not be any more messed up than I am now. Though, drag bikes would have probably been safer. :D

8. Joyflyin

Joyflyin Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator

I liked the night riding too, you couldn't see how big the rocks were that you were crashing into. :D Yup, I too am paying for learning to ride on a rigid bike.

9. 01dynaglide

01dynaglide Junior Member

I use to race motor cross and dirt late models. Between the two I raced for about 15 years.

10. AZBill/Lowrider

AZBill/Lowrider Member

Used to race motocross & enduro, 250cc and open class a loooooong time ago. Gave it up at age 28 when the young kids were turning on the gas where I was braking, they fell off and got right back on, I fell off and took a some time to recover. Wife said it was time to hang up the spurs and my body agreed.