free website stats program Anybody here near Bristol VA/TN here? | Harley Davidson Forums

Anybody here near Bristol VA/TN here?

VACharvel

Hey...just wondering if any HDTimeline members were from the Bristol VA/TN area here?

I live about 30 minutes away from there here in Castlewood, and Bristol is the biggest landmark I can think of for a "where are you located" beacon lol....

I'm sure some of you make the pilgrimage every year to the Bristol 500 also which is close by...being from the North the only analogy I have for Nascar here is like hockey up North..it's a seperate religion somewhat.

I don't ride yet but am always looking for new friends to hang out with or whatever with wifey...most of our friends here have and ride Harley's...

I've been to the August night race at Bristol a couple times and had a blast. However, I think the new Chase format has really toned down the aggressive driving that used to take place at this race. Noone wants to take a potential Chaser out of the running so they almost drive politely!

You live in a great area for riding - take the plunge and join your buds on two wheels!

Hopefully soon Dr Doolittle, hopefully soon....

We just bought our house here in July and are still setteling in, painting, and ready to start to finish our basement off through the winter to make our bar, pool table area, lounge, and sitting area etc.

This area is very nice as far as weather and the abundance of roads with little to average traffic (well, until you get around Bristol, Johnson City etc.) and lots of historic/scenic areas....being from Maine originally this is a nice compromise.

I'm hoping to be on 2 wheels in very early Spring hopefully if the planets align for me....I've been reading a LOT and have narrowed it down to either a Softail or perhaps a Dynaglide....can't wait!!

Hopefully soon Dr Doolittle, hopefully soon....

We just bought our house here in July and are still setteling in, painting, and ready to start to finish our basement off through the winter to make our bar, pool table area, lounge, and sitting area etc.

This area is very nice as far as weather and the abundance of roads with little to average traffic (well, until you get around Bristol, Johnson City etc.) and lots of historic/scenic areas....being from Maine originally this is a nice compromise.

I'm hoping to be on 2 wheels in very early Spring hopefully if the planets align for me....I've been reading a LOT and have narrowed it down to either a Softail or perhaps a Dynaglide....can't wait!!

Sounds like we should plan to have our HDTimeline Rally at your place!

Seriously, anytime...I know so few people here that aren't members of her family....only a handfull really...and I stay at home a lot by myself...

The basement is gonna be a weird/strange mix between USMC stuff I've collected over the years, books etc. guitars, and Harley Davidson theme...and she's very Southern and Country, so it should be interesting :D

A friend has given me a bunch of river-rock to do our bar in so it will have that rustic look to it...just a nice hangout for our friends to relax in...play pool, watch the game/fight/race, drink, or whatever meyhem we can conjure up...

VACharvel, I am down here in Jefferson City TN. Just south of Morristown and 25 miles north of Knoxville!

Polarbear:

Thanks...I roughly know where you're at....not that terribly far....

My exploits to TN consist of trips to either Bristol or Johnson City....

Nice to know there are local members on the board here. There was a cool rally this year here in town called Fire in the Hole to benefit Coal Mining families....was a good time and from what I seen, not a lot of problems.

Hey...just wondering if any HDTimeline members were from the Bristol VA/TN area here?

I live about 30 minutes away from there here in Castlewood, and Bristol is the biggest landmark I can think of for a "where are you located" beacon lol....

I'm sure some of you make the pilgrimage every year to the Bristol 500 also which is close by...being from the North the only analogy I have for Nascar here is like hockey up North..it's a seperate religion somewhat.

I don't ride yet but am always looking for new friends to hang out with or whatever with wifey...most of our friends here have and ride Harley's...

I am at milepost 114, I-81. Christiansburg Va

I'm 2 hours (140 miles) up the road in Roanoke, Va. Rode thru Bristol a couple of times this past year, on the way to Cherokee, NC.
Bought my 1st Harley 1-1/2 years ago, what a blast !!!!!
You will not regret getting a bike, it's a whole different world from driving a cage.

No...but I go there twice a year......you guessed it the Nascar races.......have a friend who owns some property right there in Bristol we camp on...it's right next to the cemetary.....great place .....great people...and great racing!

Back