free website stats program anybody here from WV? | Harley Davidson Forums

anybody here from WV?

Not me, but my wife and all her folks are from there. They lived near Madison and also near Quinlan. They always talked about an area called Mud River where they lived early on. Coal miners all of them.

Mining is a big deal in WV. Safety is a lot more of an issue than it was years ago. Many a WV family have lost loved ones to the mines. I'm an electrician and work in a chemical plant. Probably safer in a mine now that I think about it.

wedgeheaded,

My parents were both from WV originally, raised in Salem, up in the NE corner of the state, we moved from there in 1960 and have lived in Florida ever since.

Used to make a yearly trip back every summer to see grand parents, auts, uncle, cousins and the like. It has been about 15 years since I have been there since all my relatives have passed.

It still holds a lot of great memories and I have a soft spot in my heart for that area.

Finally, mountaineers football is back near the top of the heap, they look good this year and have one of the best wide receivers in the nation.

wedgeheaded,

My parents were both from WV originally, raised in Salem, up in the NE corner of the state, we moved from there in 1960 and have lived in Florida ever since.

Used to make a yearly trip back every summer to see grand parents, auts, uncle, cousins and the like. It has been about 15 years since I have been there since all my relatives have passed.

It still holds a lot of great memories and I have a soft spot in my heart for that area.

Finally, mountaineers football is back near the top of the heap, they look good this year and have one of the best wide receivers in the nation.

My grandparents, on moms side, lived below Salem, just outside of West Union. I have good memories too. Besides my dad, my grand dad was the most respected man I knew. Yep, WVU's lookin good.

Born, raised and lived in WV for nearly 35 years... last 19 in Florida though. I'm from Wheeling and my wife is from Wellsburg. My son is a motorcycle officer for the Wheeling Police Dept. GO MOUNTAINEERS!!

Back