free website stats program Anybody ever remove paint protector under passenger seat? | Harley Davidson Forums

Anybody ever remove paint protector under passenger seat?

simius

Banned
I've read it will peel right off, and I have read it takes heat, etc to get it off. I guess my main concern is whether the removal itself could damage the paint?

My new fender bib looks kinda silly with the supposedly transparent protector sticking out plain as day on both sides, and it is made even worse since the protector was installed off-center.

I have not done this but I would suggest gentle heat like a blow dryer followed by WD40 to remove residual adhesive and then followed by a good coat of polish.

If able to remove with out damage what or how are you going to protect fender once you reinstall pillion?

err, fyi, it peels right off no problem, all in one piece, didn't stretch out of shape, and doesn't even leave behind a residue. It can probably even be reused when I want to put the seat back on, but if not there are lots of generic ones in the market, from nice 3M stuff, to less expensive. I've even heard of people using contact paper or shelf paper.

Back in the old days we would get a nice soft car carpet. Cut to fit and glue it on the bottom of the seat. Most guys had no problems.
tourbox

Back in the old days we would get a nice soft car carpet. Cut to fit and glue it on the bottom of the seat. Most guys had no problems.
tourbox

Sometimes, the solutions from "the old days" are still the best!

Back