free website stats program Anybody ever grilled spark plug | Harley Davidson Forums

Anybody ever grilled spark plug

karthy

Anybody ever drilled spark plug holes in the right side of the heads to create dual spark heads? If so, did you gain anything from it?

Also, I am considering having the rocker arms milled for roller bearings.

Anybody ever done that?

Please advice.

Karthy

Karthy,

Why would one do those things to such an old engine. Mine is a 1970 Ironhead and I am just trying to keep it going. A lot of parts are nolonger available and very few performance stuff. On my bike, the engine casings are no longer available and if they get damaged, I get to throw the engine/bike away.

Johalber

Anybody ever drilled spark plug holes in the right side of the heads to create dual spark heads? If so, did you gain anything from it?

Also, I am considering having the rocker arms milled for roller bearings.

Anybody ever done that?

Please advice.

Karthy

I would suggest if you want high performance, get a newer engine where parts are available and you have a good choice of performance parts. Otherwise just keep the old bike running good.

Diljera

hi karthy,

Personally, I wouldn't do such a thing to an ironhead. If I were to do it, i buy a new engine and then only after extensive other modifications were completed. I'm not an expert but, I don't think the benefits are that substantial, as compared to alot of other modifications you could do.

HDLover

Back