free website stats program Anybody do any winter riding? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Anybody do any winter riding?

Yes, only if the roads are dry.

It takes to much time to clean the ice melting mess off other wise.

Al

I ride anytime there is no snow or ice...or that the snow and ice are off the road. Probably put on about 2,500 miles since Dec 21 to today.

Just rode to work Friday (22 degrees in morning and 46 degrees in afternoon) I have full set of heated gear so everything down to about 30 degrees is fine...below that the finger tips of the heated gloves get a bit cold by the time I reach work which is 25 miles from my home.

I purchased the bike to ride and not sit. As long as I can do it safely, I'm there!

I ride year 'round here in the Baltimore area. In fact, I start going through withdrawal if I haven't been on the bike in 2 or 3 days. As long as there's no significant ice/snow on the roads, I'm up for it. With a little electricity (gloves) and battery-socks, there's no such thing as too cold.

hubby and i rode out to our hd dealership on friday .the sun was still out when we got off work & he said he was going to ride out to get my valentines so i said pull mine out too because i'm riding if your riding. of course by the time we got what we wanted and chatted with the people out there the sun was long gone & then we had to ride down to our church around 6-7 miles or so to figure out how to work the projector,dvd player sound board for a movie the next night . we were going to go eat before we went home but decided it was getting cold enough that we should just get home and put them up until the next ridng time. it got real cold real fast i'm glad we came home and ordered a pizza. we sure do wish it would warm up and stay warm. our bikes pout when we have to put them up.

I ride year around and always have, I am orig from michigan, MADE MY OWN heated tops and bottoms, made a heat controller, not a stat, areal electronic one. all for under $60.00 and 2 hours. plugs into bike and have never had it over 50%. just like a electric blanket wraped around you. with no bulk. when I can post a link I will so you all will have the knowlege. the link will take you to the info only to make the heated clothing. you have to find the required material on the web.

Got home at 2 am clear and cold so left the bike out cause i was gonna ride in the morning. Woke up to this.

Winter Sucks! :newsmile055:
DSCN0330.jpg

My wife is complaining cuz I pulled the bike out of the spot I had parked it for the winter and am now taking up a spot in the garage. She has asked me several times to move it and my answer has been, "It's suppose to clear up so I may ride it again tomorrow". We'll see how long I get away with that. :D
She's just mad cuz she had to scrape her car off 2 days last week.

Here in California we can ride all year. We were lucky this past January the weather was more like spring. We rode every weekend. Long rides to the ocean coming home after dark. The mornings were cold, 40's, the days were great, 60-70 degrees. The coast was warmer in January than during the summer.They get a lot of fog in the summer. I also comute to work on my FLHTC and the chaps weren't warm enough. I bought a pair on 1st Gear insulated riding pants for me and the wife. I stay warm in the 30's on the way to work. Now Febuary has been rainy on the weekends and thats why I'm here on the lap top.

I have posted on this thread already but will undate our winter riding progress. Last week-end wife and I rode about 400 miles... rode both Saturday and Sunday. Since Christmas we have put a little over 2500 miles on the odometers....

Rode this Sunder, 2-up with the mrs for about an hour and a half and been riding to work as long as it doesn't rain or snow. Today was a bit nippy in the morning. Around 24 in the morning, still enjoyed the ride. Now it is around 35. Should be riding tomorrow as well.

Back