free website stats program Anybody dealt with this guy or someone that does the same thing he does? | Harley Davidson Forums

Anybody dealt with this guy or someone that does the same thing he does?

joetter

Looking to replace my KPH for an MPH gauge, but didn't wanna shell out the big bucks for a real gauge. Then I ran across this guy (warning, some of his designs aren't so family friendly). Wondering if anybody had done this to their bike, either with this guy, someone else, or just on their own??

Webslinger

it might not be as simple as changing the face.
you may find that you need to recalibrate the speedo as you do with an old cable drive speedo.
Also with the faces you can break the needle spindle if not carefull i know i used one years ago on my car and ended up with no tach:(

Actually the kph/mph conversion is a linear graph.
Changing just the faceplate should be fine. My car has mph and kph on the same gauge as do many cars.

As Hobbit suggests you are risking breaking the needle. But hey we risk breaking something or worse yet SPARE PARTS showing up after every job.

I went ahead and decided that I would order one from the guy. So i took the speedo apart (a little more difficult than I thought it would be, but still only about a half cigar job) and pulled out the faceplate. The guy told me that I would need to scan a copy of it and send it to him. So i scanned it in, got bored at work and a few hours later had made myself a pretty nice looking speedometer face!! I think that I might redo it one more time to make it look a little nicer, and make a matching one for the tach, but I really like it, and all things considered it wasn't to tough at all!!

Back