free website stats program Any tips on aligning the rear axle tensioner bolts?? | Harley Davidson Forums

Any tips on aligning the rear axle tensioner bolts??

:small3d031:Sorry about that, I was on the Iphone and couldnt really do a search.

I'm not understanding the link too much.

How about that, you asked about wheel alignment and two other members found it for you, probably with a search :lolrolling

Last edited:
Hmmm Glider, could be a certain mainframe is tireless, finds things even quicker given seek speeds measured in nano-seconds, I think it gets the nod :bigsmiley12:

Whilest us earthbound mortals use our humble, texting/cellphone atrophied thumbs and hearing...our computer bretheren with media overloaded minds, wag our mouse weary hands, jittery fingers, droppy eyelids...who do you think needs to go and take a nap...:small3d002:

Oh yeah, when disassembling rear axle, use paint or fingernail polish to mark the alignment marks and swing arm before beginning procedure. Take plenty of digital pictures before, during and after any work and layout disassembled parts in exactly the position they were in off the bike like the exploded diagrams in the service manual you ARE using. If the items are going to be off the bike for awhile or disturbed, use masking tape and label parts, putting them in paper egg cartons in organized fashion. Once everything is reassembled, the alignment marks should line up at the original starting point, and you should be good to go.

Last edited:
good tip, I'll keep that in mind for next time. :D

Hmmm Glider, could be a certain mainframe is tireless, finds things even quicker given seek speeds measured in nano-seconds, I think it gets the nod :bigsmiley12:

Whilest us earthbound mortals use our humble, texting/cellphone atrophied thumbs and hearing...our computer bretheren with media overloaded minds, wag our mouse weary hands, jittery fingers, droppy eyelids...who do you think needs to go and take a nap...:small3d002:

Oh yeah, when disassembling rear axle, use paint or fingernail polish to mark the alignment marks and swing arm before beginning procedure. Take plenty of digital pictures before, during and after any work and layout disassembled parts in exactly the position they were in off the bike like the exploded diagrams in the service manual you ARE using. If the items are going to be off the bike for awhile or disturbed, use masking tape and label parts, putting them in paper egg cartons in organized fashion. Once everything is reassembled, the alignment marks should line up at the original starting point, and you should be good to go.

Back