free website stats program Any tips for riding two up | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Any tips for riding two up

I learned one other lesson, for me at least. That is to not back up with a passenger onboard. That seems to be the most difficult evolution for me. I almost lost it in a Home Depot parking lot backing out of a parking spot 2-up when the wife first started riding with me. So now she gets off, and I back up; or I back up, then she gets on.

I learned one other lesson, for me at least. That is to not back up with a passenger onboard. That seems to be the most difficult evolution for me. I almost lost it in a Home Depot parking lot backing out of a parking spot 2-up when the wife first started riding with me. So now she gets off, and I back up; or I back up, then she gets on.

Yep, I never back up with 2-up.

You should check tire pressures, they do vary, at least the rear tire, for two up riding, 4lb different on my bike. Hang on tight when passing!!

Some of your responses are very funny, but so true however. I was always told to keep your back against the back rest; not to actually lean. Hope that makes sense & helps.

I learned this one the hard way, I now believe when cornering right have your passenger look over your right shoulder and when cornering left look over your left shoulder. I was in a tight left turn last year and the passenger streatched up and looked over the high side, guess what happens, the bike stands up streight and thats were you go, streight, not good.

Back when I had long hair my wife used to pull the gray ones while we were riding thats been 9 years and it still hurts soo 9 years ago I shaved my head

My lady is not as nimble as she once was, and she can't seem to get the hang of stepping between the tour pack and me with out leaning her body weight way out. After almost getting dumped once, I have her slide on first. (comfort level for her) Do any of you practice this?
She gets really pouty lipped in the kitchen window when when I leave without her.

When they get on and off
Make sure they don't kick or step on anything but the foot board
you all known how hard it is to get rubber off the pipes:newsmile100:

Q: Any tips for riding two up?

A: Remove the backrest, grease the seat and roll on the throttle.:newsmile100:

I prefer to ride solo.

Back