free website stats program Any tips for removing "Batwing Fairing" | Harley Davidson Forums

Any tips for removing "Batwing Fairing"

lakeforktx

I have never removed my fairing before, going to be installing my new 80/100 bulb from GermanAuto this weekend, Are there any things to do to make it go better ? and anything not to do ? That you have learned the hard way...Thanks for the input........................:small3d007:

In regards to Tanks post...Naw...Its just when you have nothing to do and all day to do it. Can't ride anymore bikes been put to sleep. So like I told the Southern guys you South Western guys need to keep the ride alive for us snow folk........:57:

I see ... that will be very helpful.. thanks a lot...

Your welcome. Not that hard really. Just be prepared to unplug headlight before removing fairing all the way and plug headlight in first.......

Last edited by a moderator:
re: Any tips for removing "Batwing Fairing"

No problem there ,,it was like 75*s today would have been a great day to be out riding.. but keep in mind when it's real nice up there this summer and ya'll are out riding.. It's hotter than you know what down here. can't ride when it's 105*s without frying....

While you have the fairing off, you might want to tape some insulation to the fairing right behind the speakers. Any insulation will work, it will improve sound of your speakers a bit. Also inspect the fairing mounting brackets for cracks.

While you have the fairing off, you might want to tape some insulation to the fairing right behind the speakers. Any insulation will work, it will improve sound of your speakers a bit. Also inspect the fairing mounting brackets for cracks.

Will look into that for sure.....

it sounds like your just replacing your head lite bulb why take off your fairing?

Can you replace the headlight bulb with out removeing the outside Fairing ? And I need to clean the milky haze from the iside of the glass...

Might want to check the service manual to see if you can access and remove the escutcheon and cover without removing the fairing...but you might be right if there are no access or trim cover hiding the fasteners.:s

Back