Any Thoughts on Americas Best Trailers

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by tubguy, Mar 13, 2012.

1. tubguy

tubguy Active Member

Hello Members, Just about to purchase A Pull Trailer Made by The Americas Best Trailer Company. Any Thought or comments,or anyone have one. I ve attached the model Im going to order Just have to Get it Shipped from South Carolina to Victoria Bc.. This is the 4' version Im actually getting the 5' with full Checkerplate..

Aluminum Motorcycle Trailers Tow Pull Cargo Behind Harley Goldwing & anything | eBay

2. DarinCraven

DarinCraven Member

I have been researching trailers and pop up campers for a couple weeks now and would love to hear what anyone else has to say about these as well.

From what I am seeing, those America's Best look like a pretty decent deal. The weight is nice, the options are nice, and the price is VERY nice compared to what I have been finding on the web.

I think I am going with the dual purpose model from Roadman Campers. It is a bit more expensive, but it can be used as a trailer or a pop up camper as needed.

Most of the other threads on this topic are a bit old, so I would love to hear any new thoughts about any trailers or pop up campers anyone might recommend.

3. Bodeen

Bodeen Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

I'm sure Steve07 would have some input here but he is en route to Fla. Hopefully he'll weight in in a day or two.

4. 89stroker

89stroker Active Member

I have one of these, the 4 foot model with the black powdercoated bodies. I have used it for 2 seasons and have pulled it about 10,000 miles so far. It is a great trailer that pulls very well when packed as full as you can get it. I did wear out a set of tires on a 6000 mile trip last year and the reason for the tires wearing out was the fact that I had taken the torflex axles off and when I put them back on I messed up my measurements and didnt have my toe in correct. But other than that absolutely no trouble with the trailer. I also carry large cooler on the front pan.

Attached Files:

5. dmz1965

dmz1965 Member

Check Timeout trailers Time Out Trailers Inc I have a timeout camper and am very, very pleased. I do not have a cargo trailer but if the ones they sell are of the same quality as their campers you can't go wrong.

6. bmaier

bmaier Member

just curious, why did you remove the torsion axles?

7. 89stroker

89stroker Active Member

Removed them and the tongue when I moved , axles and tongue went into the trailer and it became like a storage box took up way less storage room.

This is how I received the trailer as well when I bought it new, all the parts were inside the trailer and I had to put it together.

8. Flat

Flat Member

Just got back from a test trip with mine, I have the 4' version and it pulled like a dream. Ran about 300 miles in two days and if you're not careful you will forget it's behind you. The only thing I didn't like is it got my gas mileage down to 40 mpg. Had about 100 lbs of gear in it, the weather here is wonderfull and hope all you guys and girls get to enjoy it too.

9. DeaconHD

DeaconHD New Member

I rode my 2009 HD Ultra Classic with Rolling Thunder in 2010, two up, tour pak and both saddle bags full, with Kuryakyn Ultra Tour Bag. With all that I rode the Dragon's Tail just after it rained. We were gone for two weeks.

In 2011 I bought a Motorvation Grand National trailer and rode the Blue Ridge Parkway. Trailer made the trip even more pleasurable. About 110 lbs. empty, torsion suspension, 20 cu/ft storage. Pulled very little uphill, pushed very little down hill. Wish I had ordered it a year earlier.

Lots of really great little trailers out there. Motorvation Grand National trailer was perfect for us. Give them a look if you're serious about a great little trailer.

10. DeaconHD

DeaconHD New Member

Here are a few photo's of my Motorvation Grand National 20 cu/ft trailer. We thought of ordering the smaller 14 cu/ft version but glad we didn't. It's sized right for the Ultra Classic.

Attached Files: