free website stats program Any Heat-Dampening Solo Seats? | Harley Davidson Forums

Any Heat-Dampening Solo Seats?

Bedrock

I recently got my first bike & one of the things that's different from the prior bikes I rented/rode is that is came w/ a vinyl seat as opposed to leather. It could be just me, but it feels like I'm getting a lot more heat transferred through the seat to my lower extremities than I remember on the rentals.

Anyway, I was wondering if there were any solo seats that transferred less heat than usual? Cheers.

Some folks swear by the bead things, They say its cooler. Some like the lambs wool for the same reason. As far as leather vs. vinyl? If its being ridden in Fla. its hot.

Some folks swear by the bead things, They say its cooler. Some like the lambs wool for the same reason. As far as leather vs. vinyl? If its being ridden in Fla. its hot.

Yeah man, I'm down here in FL w/ you. I've got no real preference leather vs vinyl vs anything else, I'm just looking for whatever will lessen the heat. I'll check those two options out. Cheers.

Cheers. For what it's worth, I'm asking to help avoid bottom toasting (I can say that, right? After all, it is a proper anatomical term.)

Last edited by a moderator:
I recently got my first bike & one of the things that's different from the prior bikes I rented/rode is that is came w/ a vinyl seat as opposed to leather. It could be just me, but it feels like I'm getting a lot more heat transferred through the seat to my lower extremities than I remember on the rentals.

Anyway, I was wondering if there were any solo seats that transferred less heat than usual? Cheers.

The stock vinyl seats seem to compress more than a Quality seat like Mustang, putting you closer to the heat source(The Engine) does your bike have a fueler ? If it does not that will add to the heat, add fuel to run cooler JMO and Good Luck:s

The cheapest thing you can do is go to an AC/ Heating supply store and get the foil with the adhesive backing. They have two types. You want the thicker of the two. They use it on the duct work and such. You will want to remove your seat and cover the bottom. Harley seat pans are made of plastic and allow heat to penetrate easier than the old steel pans. Mustang has a fiberglass seat pan. If you find that your inner thighs cook at lights or in slow moving traffic. I sell a cure for that. Just click this link - V-Twin Heat Deflectors - Harley Davidson Community

zoood/RJ

The cheapest thing you can do is go to an AC/ Heating supply store and get the foil with the adhesive backing. They have two types. You want the thicker of the two. They use it on the duct work and such. You will want to remove your seat and cover the bottom. Harley seat pans are made of plastic and allow heat to penetrate easier than the old steel pans. Mustang has a fiberglass seat pan. If you find that your inner thighs cook at lights or in slow moving traffic. I sell a cure for that. Just click this link - V-Twin Heat Deflectors - Harley Davidson Community

Cheers. It's not my thighs I'm having an issue w/ - it's just my groin which I feel is gettin too much heat. That is a great idea w/ the adhesive backing. :thumbsup:

Back