free website stats program any down side to abs | Harley Davidson Forums

any down side to abs

only downside i will say is if you have to change the brake lines .. be it from longer bars etc you have to have the abs bleed by the stealer

I am absolutely convinced ABS kept me out of the hospital when I did a panic stop to avoid a flock of sandhill cranes who moved onto highway 60 in front of me on my way to the Leesburg bike fest last April.

nothing wrong with that its a to each there own but liek i said the abs is vastly different after the download .

A few times before when i had it fire i thought dang i didnt think i was that hard on the brakes to get them to fire.. now in stop in normal conditions not jamming the brake all of a sudden you can almost not get the abs to fire unless you are standing on them ..

the Pulsing of the pedal is faster i was say 2-3 times faster but not as hard doesnt disturb ya as much ..

They still fire of course when you hit a bump and unload the rear tire but not as long as before ..

you can feel the difference in the pedal compared to the way it worked before and now when it fires pedal doesn't feel soggy either like most abs im guess thats way it pulses..

I like it better nwo than the way it was .. i would say 95% of the time it wont go off now just that 5% where any rider could probley use it

Thanks for the update. I'm sure it will help those with ABS. Was this a notice or service bulletin from the dealer or did you happen on it?

Back